Reading Time: 3 mins | Publish Date: 22 Jun 2021 | Update Date: 22 Nov 2022
CompTIA Security SY0-501
The SY0-501 exam is part of the CompTIA Security Certification. This exam measures your ability in secure networks, pc, mobile, cloud solution for small and big enterprise.
CompTIA Security SY0-501 exam is a globally recognized certification, validating an individual’s fundamental security knowledge and skills. The candidate must acquire the ability to identify risk, participate in risk mitigation, and maintain infrastructure, information, and operational security, as you prepare for CompTIA’s Security SY0-501 exam. The candidate must have experience in IT administration with a focus on security. This certification exam is targeted for professional expert who want validate their IT security knowledge and skills.
CompTIA Security SY0-501 is a benchmark for best practices in IT security, this certification covers the essential principles for network security and risk management and it is a mandatory step for your IT security career.
CompTIA Security meets the requirements for DOD 8750 and/or DOD 8140 baseline certifications for IAT Level II, and IAM Level I. So, the SY0-501 is an exam worldwide recognized. This SY0-501 exam is a fundamental step in your career advance as obtaining your Security will automatically boost your career as CompTIA Security is a globally recognized credential with certified professionals working in over 147 countries throughout the world. The certification is for administrators, system engineers, functional consultants, Security architect, Security engineer, Security consultant/specialist, Information assurance technician, Security administrator, Systems administrator, Network administrator.
This is a list of covered topics:
- Given a scenario, analyze indicators of compromise and determine the type of malware.
- Compare and contrast types of attacks
- Explain threat actor types and attributes.
- Explain penetration testing concepts.
- Explain vulnerability scanning concepts.
- Explain the impact associated with types of vulnerabilities
- Install and configure network components, both hardware and software-based, to support organizational security.
- Given a scenario, use appropriate software tools to assess the security posture of an organization.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common security issues.
- Given a scenario, analyze and interpret output from security technologies.
- Given a scenario, deploy mobile devices securely.
- Explain use cases and purpose for frameworks, best practices and secure configuration guides.
- Given a scenario, implement secure systems design.
- Explain the importance of secure staging deployment concepts.
- Summarize secure application development and deployment concepts.
- Summarize cloud and virtualization concepts.
- Explain the importance of physical security controls.
- Given a scenario, install and configure identity and access services.
- Given a scenario, differentiate common account management practices.
- Explain the importance of policies, plans and procedures related to organizational security
- Explain risk management processes and concepts
- Summarize basic concepts of forensics
- Compare and contrast basic concepts of cryptography.
- Given a scenario, install and configure wireless security settings
Our SY0-501 practice test will include those topics:
- Threats, Attacks and Vulnerabilities 21%
- Technologies and Tools 22%
- Architecture and Design 15%
- Identity and Access Management 16%
- Risk Management 14%
- Cryptography and PKI 12%
For more info visit: CompTIA Security
High level topics covered by our practice test
This Web Simulator will certify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to install and configure systems to secure applications, networks, and devices; perform threat analysis and respond with appropriate mitigation techniques; participate in risk mitigation activities; and operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations. This Web Simulator is for Candidates that usually want to verify their ability when securing large organization.
The Web Simulator will also help candidates to understand better how CompTIA Security practice tests are fundamental to pass their final exam..