Reading Time: 8 mins | Publish Date: 3 Apr 2021 | Update Date: 13 Jan 2022
How to Prepare for Dell EMC Midrange Storage Solutions Specialist (DES-1D12) Exam
Preparation Guide for Dell EMC Midrange Storage Solutions Specialist (DES-1D12) Exam
This professional certification provides specialist level certification encompassing a strong understanding of Dell EMC midrange storage solutions for the SC Series and Dell EMC Unity. This will be the desired certification for those engaged in designing solutions around Dell EMC Unity and SC Series storage arrays. DES-1D12 Exam focuses on the knowledge needed for the positioning, sizing and designing of midrange storage solutions in a customer environment. This includes a detailed understanding of Dell EMC Unity and SC Series product configurations, features, functionality, best practices, and design considerations. All of these points are covered in DES-1D12 dumps.
Even though the Dell Endpoint Privilege Manager certification which only requires a couple of months to achieve but together with the enable of the latest DES-1D12 dumps pdf questions that come with verified answers you can minimize it in days. In addition, your complete Dell Endpoint Privilege Manager profession depends upon passing the Dell Certification certification exam. Certification-questions is extremely valuable in preparing the Dell certification exams. We offer you the most updated DES-1D12 practice exams and DES-1D12 practice tests material so you’ll be in a position to prepare and pass your Dell DES-1D12 new questions inside the initial attempt.
This exam focuses on information storage and management in a data center. It includes third platform technologies, intelligent storage systems, software-defined storage, storage networking technologies, and various business continuity options along with security and management of a storage infrastructure. A limited number of questions refer to product examples that are used in the training to reinforce the knowledge of technologies and concepts.
DES-1D12 Exam topics
Candidates must know the topics before they start of preparation because it will really help them solving the problems. Our DES-1D12 practice test and CAU-305 practice exams will include the following topics. These are covered in our DES-1D12 dumps.
Understanding functional and technical aspects of Modern Data Center Infrastructure
The following will be discussed in DES-1D12 dumps:
- Describe the data classification, elements of a data center, key characteristics of a data center, and key technologies driving digital transformation
- Explain the cloud characteristics, cloud service models, and cloud deployment models
- Explain the key characteristics of big data, components of a big data analytics solution, Internet of Things (Iot, machine learning, and artificial intelligence
- Describe the building blocks of a modern data center
- Describe a compute system, storage, connectivity in a data center, application, and options to build a modern data center
- Apply Dell EMC midrange best practice recommendations for data service, system, storage, and host application configurations
- Describe sizing and design considerations for Unity, SC Series, and PowerStore
- Describe how to size and design an SC or Unity solution for performance, capacity, security, and resilience
- Describe the data gathering methods to size and design an SC Series solution
- Describe the tools and resources available to size and design Unity and SC Series solutions
- Explain how to size an SC Series solution that includes Tiers 1-3, storage requirements, front-end and back-end connections, and common use cases
Understanding functional and technical aspects of Storage Networking Technologies
The following will be discussed in DES-1D12 dumps pdf:
- Describe Storage Area Network (SAN, FC architecture, FC topologies, zoning, and virtualization in FC SAN
- Describe TCP/IP, IP SAN, iSCSI protocol, components, connectivity, addressing, discovery domains, and VLAN
- Explain the components and connectivities of FCIP and FCoE Storage Systems (26-
- Explain the components of an intelligent storage system, RAID, erasure coding, data access methods, scale-up and scale-out architectures
- Explain the components of block-based storage system, storage provisioning, and storage tiering mechanisms
- Explain the NAS components and architecture, NAS file sharing methods, and file-level virtualization and tiering
- Describe object-based storage device components, functions, operations, and unified storage architecture
- Describe software-defined storage attributes, architecture, functions of the control plane, software-defined extensibility, and software-defined networking functionalities
- Describe Unity Data Protection (e.g., Snapshots, Replication, and Snapshot Replication architectur- solutions and use cases
- Describe Unity Data Mobility features, requirements, and use cases
- Identify key features of the SC Series operating system
- Describe SC Series cross-platform replication functionality and use cases
- Describe PowerStore Data Services and how to provision and access storage via block, files, and VMware datastores
- Describe the PowerStore load and resource balancing capabilities and PowerStore replication capabilities
- Describe PowerStore Data Protection and Data Security (e.g., Snapshots, Consistency Groups, Thin Clone- features and use cases
- Describe PowerStore HA features, non-disruptive upgrades and migration options requirements and use cases
- Compare and contrast similar features between Unity, SC Series and PowerStore solutions
Understanding functional and technical aspects of Backup, Archive, and Replication
The following will be discussed in DES-1D12 dumps:
- Describe the information availability measurements and key fault tolerance techniques
- Explain backup granularity, architecture, backup targets, operations, and backup methods
- Describe data deduplication and data archiving solutions architecture
- Describe replication uses, and replication and migration techniques Security and Management
- Describe the information security goals, terminologies, various security domains, and threats to a storage infrastructure
- Explain key security controls to protect the storage infrastructure
- Describe the storage infrastructure management functions and processes
- Describe the Unity and Unity XT hardware (e.g., enclosures, I/O components, storage media options)
- Explain Unity and Unity XT storage resources and features (e.g., dynamic pools, RAID functions)
- Describe SC Series storage resources, connectivity options (e.g., RAID, Consistency Groups, SSD, HDD options)
- Describe the controller options available in the SC Series models and related use cases
- Describe the PowerStore hardware components and your functions (e.g., controller and expansion enclouses models, I/O expansion modules, internal component)
- Describe the PowerStore resources and features (e.g., caching and data reduction mechanisms, NVMe and SSD options, PowerStore manager GUI)
- Describe how to provision and access Unity storage, including Block, Files, and VMware datastores
- Identify Unity advanced features for Block storage (e.g. FAST Suite, D@RE, host I/O limit availability, thin clone)
- Identify Unity advanced features for File storage (e.g. IP Multi-tenancy, Advanced Static Routing, IP Packet Reflect)
DES-1D12 is an fundamental course and requires no certification as a pre-requisite.
Who should take the DES-1D12 exam
The Dell EMC Midrange Storage Solutions Specialist certification is mainly targeted to those candidates who want to build your career in Midrange Storage Solutions domain. The Dell EMC Certified Specialist - Technology Architect - Midrange Storage (DECS) exam verifies that the candidate possesses the fundamental knowledge and proven skills in the area of Dell EMC DECS-TA.
How to study the DES-1D12 Exam
Use our quick start dumps to collect all the information about Dell EMC Midrange Storage Solutions Specialist (DES-1D1) Certification exam. This DES-1D12 practice exams provides a list of objectives and resources that will help you prepare for items on the DES-1D12 Dell EMC Midrange Storage Solutions Specialist for Technology Architect exam. The DES-1D12 dumps will help you identify the type and difficulty level of the questions and the Practice Exams will make you familiar with the format and environment of an exam. You should refer this DES-1D12 dumps carefully before attempting your actual Dell EMC DECS-TA certification exam.
Expertise is an critical aspect when Dell Endpoint Privilege Manager certification exam questions are viewed as. Our DES-1D12 dumps have sample questions which are prepared by Dell specialists who have a lot of experience together with the Dell 1D12 certification programs exam. The particular person who takes the Dell 1D12 exam questions with this knowledge will succeed within the circumstances.
How much DES-1D12 Exam Cost
The price of the DES-1D12 exam is $230 USD.
How to book the DES-1D12 Exam
These are following steps for registering the Dell DES-1D12 exam.
- Step 1: Visit to Dell Exam Registration
- Step 2: Signup/Login
- Step 3: Search for Dell DES-1D12 Exam Certifications Exam
- Step 4: Select Date, time and confirm with payment method
What is the duration of the DES-1D12 Exam
- Format: Multiple choices, multiple answers
- Length of Examination: 120 minutes
- Number of Questions: 60
- Passing Score: 60%
The benefit in Obtaining the DES-1D12 Exam Certification
As far as the career in 1D12 is concerned, various folks are passionate about creating their career within the field of Dell Certification exam questions. Folks lately are hunting forward towards generating extra ordinary career within the field with the aid of 1D12 pdf dumps. No doubt, your efforts and passion towards Dell Endpoint Privilege Manager would enable them to get a profession boost within the field of 1D12 exam questions.
To ensure success in Dell EMC DECS-TA certification exam, we recommend authorized training course, practice test and hands-on experience to prepare for Dell EMC Midrange Storage Solutions Specialist for Technology Architect (DES-1D1- exam. If you have a limited time, we are now sure that you can take the exams very easily and in a few hours. Our dumps and pdf study materials are valid, best, simple and easy to understand. By using our vendor DES-1D12 dumps, you will pass your exams with good grades. To get the certification it is a bit hard work but You don’t need to take any worry about it because these Practice exams had been written by our expert team. Which able you to pass your DES-1D12 exam easily. And individuals and professionals passed their DES-1D12 exams by using our dumps.
While provisioning volumes using the Dell EMC PowerStore Manager interface, what automatically determines on which appliance the volume will be provisioned?
- Storage Volume
- Storage Container
- Resource Balancer
A customer needs a solution to support a virtual desktop infrastructure that requires faster storage at the lowest cost. In addition, they want to limit the maximum number of drives to 450. Which Dell EMC Unity model should be recommended?
You are adding a Linux host running Oracle to a Dell EMC Unity Hybrid array. The customer requires the Oracle application to have low I/O latency and be deployed on available 10K SAS or NL-SAS drives. Which Dell EMC Unity feature would meet the customer requirements?
- Dynamic pools
- FAST VP
- FAST Cache
Difficulty in writing DES-1D12 Exam
Candidates already have experience with teaching experience so it is not difficult to pass the certifications. DES-1D12 dumps and DES-1D12 practice exams to revise the already discussed syllabus.