Reading Time: 6 mins | Publish Date: 3 Apr 2021 | Update Date: 22 Jun 2022
How to Prepare For LPIC-1 Linux Administrator, 102-500 exam
Preparation Guide for LPIC-1 Linux Administrator, 102-500 exam
LPIC-1 is the first certification in LPI’s multi-level Linux professional certification program. The LPIC-1 will validate the candidate’s ability to perform maintenance tasks on the command line, install and configure a computer running Linux, and configure basic networking.
The LPIC-1 is designed to reflect current research and validate a candidate’s proficiency in real-world system administration. The objectives are tied to real-world job skills, which we determine through job task analysis surveying during exam development.
In this guide, we will cover the 102-500 exam topics, LPIC-1 Linux Administrator, 102-500 Certified professional salary, and all aspects of the LPIC-1 Linux Administrator, 102-500 Certification.
Introduction to LPIC-1 Linux Administrator, 102-500 exam
The LPIC 102-500 exam, is one of the qualifying exams to attain accreditation of LPIC 1 Linux Administrator, however, to bag the accreditation aspirants have to pass both 102-500 & 102-500. Aspirants must know about:
- Architecture of a Linux system;
- Installation and maintenance of Linux workstation, including X11 and setup it up as a network client;
- Work at the Linux command line, including common GNU and Unix commands;
- Handle files and access permissions as well as system security; and
- Perform easy maintenance tasks: help users, add users to a larger system, backup and restore shutdown, and reboot.
Topics of LPIC-1 Linux Administrator, 102-500 Exam
To know course content so that aspirants can prepare for an exam is a must. Our 102-500 dumps will include the following topics:
1. Shells and Shell Scripting
- Customize and use the shell environment
- Customize or write simple scripts
2. User Interfaces and Desktops
- Install and configure X11
- Graphical Desktops
3. Administrative Tasks
- Manage user and group accounts and related system files
- Automate system administration tasks by scheduling jobs
- Localisation and internationalisation
4. Essential System Services
- Maintain system time
- System logging
- Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) basics
- Manage printers and printing
5. Networking Fundamentals
- Fundamentals of internet protocols
- Persistent network configuration
- Basic network troubleshooting
- Configure client side DNS
- Perform security administration tasks
- Setup host security
- Securing data with encryption
Who should take the LPIC-1 Linux Administrator, 102-500 Exam
The 102-500 exam’s target audience is professionals who are looking forward to building their career in the Linux system Administration domain. This exam is for:
- Linux System Administrator.
- Systems Administrator.
- Cyber Security Engineer.
- System Administrator, Computer / Network.
Prerequisites for 102-500 exam
There are no prerequisites for this certification, anyone who has an eagerness to learn about Linux administration can prepare for this exam.
How to study the LPIC-1 Linux Administrator, 102-500 Exam
Linux is difficult because of the command-line interface. With a GUI, like Windows, you can click your way around randomly. You might get some popup help, or have little “information” icons and so on. So, it is quite important to go through the complete study material and practice the commands, as any of the commands can pop up as a question in the certification exam.
There are many ways to prepare for 102-500 Exam. Aspirants can opt for online PDFs available on Linux official website and can refer online videos too to get a good grasp over the specified course contents. There are many command cheatsheet is available online which participants can download and refer to it as and when they needed, it would be very helpful for them to continuously revise every command daily so that participants would able to remember a maximum of it.
The knowledge earned through different study materials should be tested on a high-quality test engine, as of Certification-questions test platform and dumps as they follow the standards of the real exam.
Certification-questions expert team recommends preparing some notes on these topics along with it don’t forget to practice 102-500 dumps which had been written by our expert team, each of these can assist you loads to clear this exam with excellent marks.
How much LPIC-1 Linux Administrator, 102-500 Exam Cost
The price of the LPIC-1 Linux Administrator, 102-500 exam fee is 200 USD.
How to book the LPIC-1 Linux Administrator, 102-500 Exam
There are the following steps for registering the 102-500 exam:
- Step 1: Go to the 102-500 Official Site
- Step 2: Read the instructions carefully, follow prompts
- Step 3: Apply for the 102-500
What is the duration, language, and format of LPIC-1 Linux Administrator, 102-500 Exam
- Duration : 90 minutes
- Language : English, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified) and Chinese (Traditional)
- Number of questions : 60 questions
- Passing score : 500 / 800
- Validity Period: 5 years
LPIC-1 Linux Administrator, 102-500 Certified Professional salary
The average salary of an LPIC-1 Linux Administrator in
- United State - 55,123 USD
- India - 10,42,327 INR
- Europe - 42,347 EURO
- England - 40,432 POUND
The benefit of obtaining the LPIC-1 Linux Administrator, 102-500 Exam Certification
- 102-500 exam aspirants find an edge over other counterparts while appearing for an interview.
- Aspirants find themselves more competitive in the job market.
- 102-500 is globally recognized hence post achieving accreditation aspirants are more confident with network design knowledge.
- As per ‘The Foote Partners report IT Skills and Certification Index, there is usually a 20% increase in bonus pay is observed for LPIC 1 certified Linux administrators.
- The LPIC-1 102-500 certification worth a serious look as “Linux is back on top as the most in-demand open source skill category, making it required knowledge for most entry-level open source careers,” stated the 2018 Open Source Jobs Report from Dice and the Linux Foundation.
- LPIC-1 102-500 certified candidates will be confident and stand different from others as their skills are more trained than non-certified professionals.
Difficulty in writing 102-500 exam
LPIC-1 Linux Administrator, 102-500 is the most powerful certification that candidates can have on their resume, as Linux is an open platform. Hence many aspirants are quite interested to bag this certification, but this 102-500 exam is not easy because it requires lot’s of practice and dedication, Linux is more CLI based so candidates need to go through a good amount of practice session by typing all the Linux cmdlet and checking their output to have a better understanding because in exam question would be coming more specific to cmdlet output, answering those question would be tedious if the candidate hadn’t practiced them properly, Apart from practicing command on CLI, participants should include study guide which includes test paper, exam dumps from the Certification-questions, Dumps provided by the Certification-questions are valid and written by Linux Certified experts. Certification-questions provide 102-500 exam dumps which makes the goal of passing 102-500 exam achievable for participants. Certification-questions provides relevant and constantly updated dumps. Certification-questions also gives practice test, which proves to be an excellent platform to test your knowledge.