Reading Time: 10 mins | Publish Date: 3 Apr 2021 | Update Date: 22 Jun 2022
How to Prepare For 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project
Preparation Guide for 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Exam
Microsoft has created a track for IT professionals to get certified in Managing Projects with Microsoft Project This certification program provides IT consultants a way to demonstrate their skills. The assessment is based on a rigorous exam using industry standard methodology to determine whether a candidate meets Microsoft’s proficiency standards.
According to Microsoft, a Microsoft Certified Professional enables organizations to leverage Microsoft windows server management, 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Exam is designed for professional who are working in the IT industries as well as it focuses on the other candidates who want to prove introductory knowledge of Solutions of Managing Projects with Microsoft Project.
Certification is evidence of your skills, expertise in those areas in which you like to work. There are many vendors in the market that are providing these certifications. If candidate wants to work on 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project and prove his knowledge, Certification offered by Microsoft. This 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Certification Exam helps a candidate to validates his skills in 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Technology.
In this guide, we will cover the 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Certification exam, 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Certified professional salary and all aspects of the 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Certification.
Introduction to 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Exam
74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Exam is a certification exam that is conducted by Microsoft to validates candidate knowledge and skills of working as a Managing Projects with Microsoft Project in the IT industry.
As an IT professional, who use Project Standard, Project Professional, and Project Pro for Office 365 desktop features. You are a strong team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Aspirants having hands-on experience of effectively modeling, communicating, scheduling,collaborating on resourcing, and delivering projects using Project Standard, Project Professional, Project Pro for Office 365, SharePoint, and SharePoint Online. Exam aspirants are supposed to have a strong understanding of significant project management concepts and terminology.
This exam checks competency level on topics initialize a project,create a task-based schedule,manage resources and assignments,track and analyze a project,communicate project information.
After passing this exam, candidates get a certificate from Microsoft that helps them to demonstrate their proficiency in Windows Server Fundamentals to their clients and employers.
Topics of 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Exam
Candidates must know the exam topics before they start of preparation. because it will really help them in hitting the core. Our Microsoft 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project dumps will include the following topics:
1. Initialize a project (15–20%)
Create a new project
- Create a template from a completed project, create a project from an existing template, existing project, SharePoint task list, or Excel workbook
Create and maintain calendars
- Set working or non-working hours and days for calendars, set a base calendar, resource calendar, and hours per day, apply calendars to project, task, and resource levels
Create custom fields
- Create basic formulas, graphical indicator criteria, lookup tables, and task and resource custom fields
Customize option settings
- Set default task types, manual versus auto-scheduling, project options, calendar options, customized ribbon, and quick access toolbar
2. Create a task-based schedule (20–25%)
Set up project information
- Define project start date, apply calendars and current date, enter project properties, display the project summary task on a new project
Create and modify a project task structure
- Create and modify summary tasks and subtasks, rearrange tasks, create milestones, create manually scheduled tasks, outline, set tasks as active or inactive
Build a logical schedule model
- Set date constraints, deadlines, dependencies, links, duration equations, effort-driven tasks, and formulas, choose a task type
Create a user-controlled schedule
- Enter duration, set or change the task mode (manual or auto), display warnings and suggestions, use estimated durations and user-controlled summary tasks
Manage multiple projects
- Create a shared resource pool, connect to a resource pool, create links between projects, resolve conflicts between linked projects, work with master projects and sub-projects, summarize data in master projects.
3. Manage resources and assignments (20–25%)
Enter and edit resource information
- Enter and edit max units, resource types, resource rate table, cost per use, availability, resource group, generic resources, and cost resources
Create and edit resource assignments
- Use task forms, assign multiple resources, assign resources to tasks using units that represent part-time work, edit assignments
Manage resource allocation
- View task and resource usage, view availability across multiple projects, change assignment information, level, replace resources
Manage resource allocations by using Team Planner
- Display current resource allocations and assignments, manage unassigned tasks, resolve resource conflicts, level resource over-allocations, substitute resources
Model project costs
- Enter and assign resource-based costs (work, material, cost), cost per use, fixed costs, accrual method, apply a resource rate table
4. Track and analyze a project (20–25%)
Set and maintain baselines
Use multiple baselines, baseline an entire project, baseline selected tasks, update a baseline Update actual progress
Update percentage completion, actual or remaining duration, actual work, remaining work, status date, current date, actual start and actual finish, use actual work and usage views, reschedule uncompleted work, cancel an unneeded task
Compare progress against a baseline
- Use date variance, work variance, cost variance, and task slippage, show variance of the current plan against baseline (tracking Gantt), select a view to display variance
Resolve potential schedule problems
- Display warnings, suggestions, and task drivers by using Task Inspector and Task Path, identify resource over-allocations
Display critical path information
- View the critical path in single or master projects, view total slack, display progress against baseline or deadlines
5. Communicate project information (15–20%)
Apply and customize views
- Use auto-filter, apply views, group, filter, highlight, create and manage tables, sort, customize views, share a view with Organizer
Share data with other applications
- Import data from Excel, export data to Excel, attach documents or link hyperlinks to supporting information, copy and paste timeline and reports to other Office Web Apps, create and generate visual reports in Excel and Visio, export a timeline view to email
Configure and display reports and dashboards
- Report progress status, save to PDF or XPS, display Gantt information, schedule, or timeline, display data based on date range, create built-in dashboards and reports, change and customize built-in dashboards and reports, copy pictures, work with cumulative fields
Connect and share data with SharePoint
- Sync to SharePoint, share plans and get updates through SharePoint, share project plans through SharePoint (bi-directional sync of tasks, progress, and timeline elements), collect actual progress from a team through SharePoint
- Acquire Apps from the Office Store, save files in OneDrive for Business, acquire templates from Office.com, automate frequent tasks with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Exam
The 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Exam certification is an internationally-recognized certification which help to have validation for those professionals who are keen to make their career in Microsoft windows Server domain.
Candidates for this exam are familiar with the concepts of Managing Projects with Microsoft Project. Candidates should have some hands-on experience effectively modeling, scheduling,collaborating on, and delivering projects using Project Standard, Project Professional,and SharePoint Online. These candidates can go for this exam
- Server Administration
- network Administration
- IT Administration
How to study the 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Exam
Preparation of certification exams could be covered with two resource types . The first one are the study guides, reference books and study forums that are elaborated and appropriate for building information from ground up. Apart from them video tutorials and lectures are a good option to ease the pain of through study and are relatively make the study process more interesting nonetheless these demand time and concentration from the learner. Smart candidates who wish to create a solid foundation altogether examination topics and connected technologies typically mix video lectures with study guides to reap the advantages of each but practice exams or practice exam engines is one important study tool which goes typically unnoted by most candidates. Practice exams are designed with our experts to make exam prospects test their knowledge on skills attained in course, as well as prospects become comfortable and familiar with the real exam environment. Statistics have indicated exam anxiety plays much bigger role of students failure in exam than the fear of the unknown. Certification-questions expert team recommends preparing some notes on these topics along with it don’t forget to practice 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Exam dumps which had been written by our expert team, each of these can assist you loads to clear this exam with excellent marks.
74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Certification Path
74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Exam is foundation level Certification. As such There is no prerequisite for this course. Anyone who is having keen and familiar with Microsoft technology are well invited to pursue this certification.
How much Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Exam Cost
The price of the Managing Projects with Microsoft Project exam is $165 USD, for more information related to exam price please visit to Microsoft Training website as prices of Microsoft exams fees get varied country wise.
How to book the 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Exam
These are following steps for registering the 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project exam.
- Step 1: Visit to Microsoft Learning and search for 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project
- Step 2: Sign up/Login to Pearson VUE account
- Step 3: Select local centre based on your country, date, time and confirm with a payment method.
What is the duration, language, and format of 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Exam
- Length of Examination: 45 mins
- Number of Questions: 40 - 60 (Since Microsoft does not publish this information, the number of exam questions may change without notice.)
- Passing Score 700 / 1000
- Type of Questions: This test format is multiple choice.
- language: English, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish
74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Exam Certified Professional salary
The average salary of a 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Exam Certified Expert in
- United State - 90,247 USD
- India - 15,00,327 INR
- Europe - 80,347 EURO
- England - 70,632 POUND
The benefit of obtaining the 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Exam Certification
- This certification will be judging your skills and knowledge on your understanding of Managing Projects with Microsoft Project.
- This certification credential will give you edge over other counterparts. Apart from knowledge from 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Exam.
- It help you to make your career into Managing Projects with Microsoft Project use to get respectful plus highly paid jobs into Market.
Difficulty in Writing 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Exam
74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project is a privileged achievement one could be graced with. But adverse to general notion certifying with Microsoft is not that challenging if the candidates have proper preparation material to pass the 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project exam with good grades. Questions answers and clarifications which are designed in form of Certification-questions dumps make sure to cover entire course content. Certification-questions have a brilliant 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project dumps with most recent and important questions and answers in PDF files. Certification-questions is sure about the exactness and legitimacy of 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project exam dumps and in this manner. Candidates can easily pass the 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project exam with genuine 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project dumps and get MICROSOFT certification. These dumps are viewed as the best source to understand the 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project well by simply pursuing examples questions and answers. If candidate complete practice the exam with certification 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Dumps along with self-assessment to get the proper idea on MICROSOFT accreditation and to ace the certification exam.