Reading Time: 9 mins | Publish Date: 3 Apr 2021 | Update Date: 22 Jun 2022
How to Prepare For Microsoft 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals Exam
Preparation Guide for Microsoft 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals Exam
Microsoft has created a track for IT professionals to get certified Operating System on the windows platform. This certification program provides Windows Operating System professionals a way to demonstrate their skills. The assessment is based on a rigorous exam using industry standard methodology to determine whether a candidate meets Microsoft’s proficiency standards.
According to Microsoft, a Microsoft Certified Professional enables organizations to leverage Microsoft windows operating system technologies. With a thorough understanding of windows Operating System including control panel, management tools, desktop settings, Server OS Upgrades etc. Individual can design, develop, and manage robust, secure, scalable, highly available, and dynamic windows operating server to drive business objectives.
Certification is evidence of your skills, expertise in those areas in which you like to work. There are many vendors in the market that are providing these certifications. If candidate wants to work on Microsoft windows Operating System and prove his knowledge, certification offered by Microsoft. This Microsoft 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals Exam Certification helps a candidate to validates his skills in Microsoft windows Operating System Technology.
In this guide, we will cover the Microsoft 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals Certification exam, Microsoft 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals Certified professional salary and all aspects of the Microsoft 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals Certification.
Introduction to Microsoft 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals Exam
Candidates for Microsoft 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals Exam are seeking to prove fundamental Operating System knowledge and skills. Before taking this exam, exam aspirants ought to have a solid fundamental information of the concepts shared in preparation guide.
It is suggested that professionals accustomed to the ideas and also the technologies represented here by taking relevant training courses. Candidates are expected to have some hands-on experience with Windows based Operating System covering system upgrade, control panel, desktop settings, management tools etc.
After passing this exam, candidates get a certificate from Microsoft that helps them to demonstrate their proficiency in Windows Operating System Fundamentals to their clients and employers.
Topics of Microsoft 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals Exam
Candidates must know the exam topics before they start of preparation. because it will really help them in hitting the core. Our Microsoft 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals Exam dumps will include the following topics:
1. Understanding operating system configurations (15–20%)
Configure Control Panel options
- Configure administrative tools, configure accessibility options, configure power settings, configure File Explorer settings
Configure desktop settings
- Configure profiles, display settings, and shortcuts; configure and customize Start Menu; configure Task Bar settings; configure toolbars; configure notifications
Configure native applications and tools
- Configure Microsoft Edge, configure Cortana, configure Hyper-V, configure settings using MSCONFIG, configure processes and applications using Task Manager, configure computer management
Configure mobility settings
- Configure Sync Center, Windows Mobility Center, and Remote Desktop
Configure and use management tools
- Configure MMC, configure the Windows PowerShell console and Windows PowerShell ISE
2. Installing and upgrading client systems (15–20%)
Identify Windows operating system editions
- Identify hardware and compatibility requirements, determine appropriate editions per device type
Identify upgrade paths
- Identify upgrade paths from previous Windows versions, identify application compatibility
Understand installation types
- Perform a clean install, upgrade via Windows Update, migrate from previous Windows versions, perform removable media installation, perform network installation
Understand operating system architecture
- Understand kernel mode; understand user mode; understand memory, IRQs, drivers, CPUs, and UI; understand 32-bit versus 64-bit architecture
3. Managing applications (15–20%)
- Understand local versus network applications, configure desktop applications, configure app startup options, configure Windows features, configure Windows SmartScreen, configure application removal, configure Windows Store apps
Configure user account control (UAC)
- Understand standard user versus administrative user, understand types of UAC prompts and levels
Configure antivirus settings
- Configure Windows Defender and the MaManaging files and folders (15–20%)licious Software Removal tool
- Understand service start-up types, service accounts, and service dependencies
4. Managing files and folders (15–20%)
Understand file systems
- Understand FAT32, NTFS, and ReFS
Understand file and print sharing
- Configure File System permissions, configure Share Permissions, configure HomeGroup settings, configure print drivers, configure effective permissions, create shares, create mapped drives
- Understand BitLocker and Encrypting File Systems (EFS)
- Understand offline files, configure libraries, add multiple local locations to a library, add networked locations
5. Managing devices (15–20%)
- connect, enable, and disable plug-and-play and Bluetooth devices; connect and disconnect printers; install third-party software for devices; install device drivers
- Understand disk types, security (encryption), storage device types (eSATA, USB, IEEE 1394, iSCSI, InfiniBand), and storage drive types (basic, primary, extended, logical, dynamic disk, VHDs); configure OneDrive use; optimize drives
Understand printing devices
- Understand local printers, network printers, print queues, print-to-file, and Internet printing
Understand system devices
- Understand video, audio, and infrared input devices; understand Device Manager
6. Understanding operating system maintenance (15–20%)
Understand backup and recovery methods
- Configure System Restore; configure a recovery drive; configure recovery boot options, such as Last Known Good, and various Safe Mode options; recover files from OneDrive
Understand maintenance tools
- Understand Disk Defragmenter, Disk Cleanup, Task Scheduler, and System Information
- Configure Windows Update options; implement Insider Preview, Current Branch, and Current Branch for Business scenarios; manage update history; roll back updates
Who should take the 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals Exam
The Microsoft 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals Exam certification is an internationally-recognized certification which help to have validation for those professionals who are keen to make their career in Operating System domain. Candidates for this exam are familiar with general Operating System concepts and the technologies. Candidates should have some hands-on experience with Windows-based Operating System. It is good for these candidates
- IT Professional
How to study the Microsoft 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals Exam
Preparation of certification exams could be covered with two resource types . The first one are the study guides, reference books and study forums that are elaborated and appropriate for building information from ground up. Apart from them video tutorials and lectures are a good option to ease the pain of through study and are relatively make the study process more interesting nonetheless these demand time and concentration from the learner. Smart candidates who wish to create a solid foundation altogether examination topics and connected technologies typically mix video lectures with study guides to reap the advantages of each but practice exams or practice exam engines is one important study tool which goes typically unnoted by most candidates. Practice exams are designed with our experts to make exam prospects test their knowledge on skills attained in course, as well as prospects become comfortable and familiar with the real exam environment. Statistics have indicated exam anxiety plays much bigger role of students failure in exam than the fear of the unknown. Certification-questions expert team recommends preparing some notes on these topics along with it don’t forget to practice Microsoft 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals Exam dumps which had been written by our expert team, each of these can assist you loads to clear this exam with excellent marks.
Microsoft 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals Certification Path
Microsoft 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals Exam is foundation level Certification. As such There is no prerequisite for this course. Anyone who is having keen and familiar with general Operating System concepts and the technologies. More than 85% of IT support roles require a good foundation of Operating System concepts. Aspirants should have some hands-on experience with Windows-based Operating System, powershell, patch management, system settings etc.
How much Microsoft Operating System Fundamentals Exam Cost
The price of the Microsoft Windows Operating System Fundamentals exam is $127 USD, for more information related to exam price please visit to Microsoft Training website as prices of Microsoft exams fees get varied country wise.
How to book the 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals Exam
These are following steps for registering the 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals exam.
- Step 1: Visit to Microsoft Learning and search for 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals.
- Step 2: Sign up/Login to Pearson VUE account
- Step 3: Select local centre based on your country, date, time and confirm with a payment method.
What is the duration, language, and format of Microsoft 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals Exam
- Length of Examination: 50 mins
- Number of Questions: 59 to 63 questions(Since Microsoft does not publish this information, the number of exam questions may change without notice.)
- Passing Score: 700 / 1000
- Type of Questions: This test format is multiple choice.
- language: English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Spanish (Latin America)
Microsoft 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals Exam Certified Professional salary
The average salary of a Microsoft 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals Exam Certified Expert in
- United State - 60,000 USD
- India - 6,00,327 INR
- Europe - 40,547 EURO
- England - 40,532 POUND
The benefit of obtaining the Microsoft 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals Exam Certification
- This certification will be judging your skills and knowledge on your understanding Windows Operating System concepts & Understanding of how to operate on windows Operating System.
- This certification credential will give you edge over other counterparts. Apart from knowledge from 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals Exam.
- It help you to make your career into windows Operating System Administration and windows Operating System Administrator use to get respectful plus excellent jobs into Market.
Difficulty in Writing 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals Exam
98-349: Operating System Fundamentals is a privileged achievement one could be graced with. But adverse to general notion certifying with Microsoft is not that challenging if the candidates have proper preparation material to pass the 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals exam with good grades. Questions answers and clarifications which are designed in form of Certification-questions dumps make sure to cover entire course content. Certification-questions have a brilliant 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals dumps with most recent and important questions and answers in PDF files. Certification-questions is sure about the exactness and legitimacy of 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals dumps and in this manner. Candidates can easily pass the Microsoft 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals exam with genuine 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals dumps and get MICROSOFT certification. These dumps are viewed as the best source to understand the Microsoft 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals well by simply pursuing examples questions and answers. If candidate completes practice the exam with certification Microsoft 98-349:Windows Operating System Fundamentals dumps along with self-assessment to get the proper idea on MICROSOFT accreditation and to ace the certification exam.