Reading Time: 8 mins | Publish Date: 3 Apr 2021 | Update Date: 22 Jun 2022
How to Prepare For Microsoft 98-366 : Networking Fundamentals
Preparation Guide for Microsoft 98-366 : Networking Fundamentals
Microsoft has created a track for IT professionals to get certified networking on the windows platform. This certification program provides Microsoft Network professionals a way to demonstrate their skills. The assessment is based on a rigorous exam using industry standard methodology to determine whether a candidate meets Microsoft’s proficiency standards.
According to Microsoft, a Microsoft Certified Professional enables organizations to leverage Microsoft windows networking technologies. With a thorough understanding of windows networking including routing,switching, DNS etc. Individual can design, develop, and manage robust, secure, scalable, highly available, and dynamic network solutions to drive business objectives
The Certified Quality Improvement Associate encompasses a basic information of quality tools and their uses and is concerned in quality enhancements projects, however, does not essentially come back from a standard quality space. Certification offered by Microsoft. This Microsoft 98-366 : Networking Fundamentals Certification helps a candidate to validates his skills in quality tools.
In this guide, we will cover the Microsoft 98-366: Networking Fundamentals Certification exam, Microsoft 98-366: Networking Fundamentals Certified professional salary and all aspects of the Microsoft 98-366: Networking Fundamentals Certification
Introduction to Microsoft 98-366 : Networking Fundamentals
Candidates for Microsoft 98-366 : Networking Fundamentals are seeking to prove fundamental networking knowledge and skills. Before taking this exam, exam aspirants ought to have a solid fundamental information of the concepts shared in preparation guide.
It is suggested that professionals accustomed to the ideas and also the technologies represented here by taking relevant training courses. Exam aspirants are anticipated to have hands-on experience with Windows based networking, Windows Server , various network management tools, names resolution process, DNS, TCP/IP and network topologies and protocols.
After passing this exam, candidates get a certificate from Microsoft that helps them to demonstrate their proficiency in windows networking Fundamentals to their clients and employers.
Topics of Microsoft 98-366 : Networking Fundamentals
Candidates must know the exam topics before they start of preparation. because it will really help them in hitting the core. Our Microsoft 98-366 : Networking Fundamentals dumps will include the following topics:
1. Understanding network infrastructures (30–35%)
Understand the concepts of Internet, intranet, and extranet
- Virtual Private Network (VPN), security zones, firewalls
Understand local area networks (LANs)
- Perimeter networks; addressing; reserved address ranges for local use (including local loopback IP), VLANs; wired LAN and wireless LAN
Understand wide area networks (WANs)
- Leased lines, dial-up, ISDN, VPN, T1, T3, E1, E3, DSL, cable modem, and more, and their characteristics (speed, availability)
Understand wireless networking
- Types of wireless networking standards and their characteristics (802.11a,b,g,n,ac including different GHz ranges), types of network security (WPA, WEP, 802.1X, and others), point-to-point (P2P) wireless, ad hoc networks, wireless bridging
Understand network topologies and access methods
- Star, mesh, ring, bus, logical and physical topologies
2. Understanding network hardware (20–25%)
- Transmission speed, number and type of ports, number of uplinks, speed of uplinks, managed or unmanaged switches, VLAN capabilities, Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches and security options, hardware redundancy, support, backplane speed, switching types and MAC table, understand capabilities of hubs versus switches, virtual switches
- Transmission speed considerations, directly connected routes, static routing, dynamic routing (routing protocols), RIP vs. OSPF, default routes; routing table and how it selects best route(s); routing table memory, Network Address Translation (NAT), software routing in Windows Server, installing and configuring routing; Quality of Service (QoS)
Understand media types
- Cable types and their characteristics, including media segment length and speed; fiber optic; twisted pair shielded or unshielded; catxx cabling, wireless; susceptibility to external interference (machinery and power cables); susceptibility to electricity (lightning), susceptibility to interception
3. Understanding protocols and services (45-50%)
Understand the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model
- OSI model; Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) model; examples of devices, protocols, applications, and which OSI/TCP layer they belong to; TCP and User Datagram Protocol (UDP); well-known ports for most used purposes (not necessarily Internet); packets and frames
- Subnetting, IPconfig, why use Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4), addressing, ipv4toipv6 tunneling protocols to ensure backward compatibility, dual IP stack, subnetmask, gateway, ports, packets, reserved address ranges for local use (including local loopback IP)
- Subnetting, IPconfig, why use IPv6, addressing, ipv4toipv6 tunneling protocols to ensure backward compatibility, dual IP stack, subnetmask, gateway, ports, packets, reserved address ranges for local use (including local loopback IP)
Understand names resolution
- DNS, resource records, Windows Internet Name Service (WINS), steps in the name resolution process, HOSTS file, LMHOSTS file
Understand networking services
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Network Address Translation (NAT), firewalls, remote access, VPN
Tools (such as ping), tracert, pathping, Telnet, IPconfig, netstat, reserved address ranges for local use (including local loopback IP), protocols
Who should take the 98-366: Networking Fundamentals Exam
The Microsoft 98-366 : Networking Fundamentals certification is an internationally-recognized certification which help to have validation for those professionals who are keen to make their career in networking domain. For this exam aspirants are familiar with basic, fundamental networking concepts and the technologies. Aspirants should have some working experience with Windows Server, network management tools, DNS, TCP/IP, Windows-based networking, names resolution process, and network protocols and topologies. It is good for these candidates
- Network Administration
- System Administration
How to study the Microsoft 98-366 : Networking Fundamentals
Preparation of certification exams could be covered with two resource types . The first one are the study guides, reference books and study forums that are elaborated and appropriate for building information from ground up. Apart from them video tutorials and lectures are a good option to ease the pain of through study and are relatively make the study process more interesting nonetheless these demand time and concentration from the learner. Smart candidates who wish to create a solid foundation altogether examination topics and connected technologies typically mix video lectures with study guides to reap the advantages of each but practice exams or practice exam engines is one important study tool which goes typically unnoted by most candidates. Practice exams are designed with our experts to make exam prospects test their knowledge on skills attained in course, as well as prospects become comfortable and familiar with the real exam environment. Statistics have indicated exam anxiety plays much bigger role of students failure in exam than the fear of the unknown. Certification-questions expert team recommends preparing some notes on these topics along with it don’t forget to practice Microsoft 98-366 : Networking Fundamentals dumps which had been written by our expert team, each of these can assist you loads to clear this exam with excellent marks.
Microsoft 98-366: Networking Fundamentals Certification Path
Microsoft 98-366 : Networking Fundamentals is foundation level Certification. As such There is no prerequisite for this course. Anyone who is having keen and familiar with general networking concepts and the technologies. 85% of IT support roles requires a good fundamentals of networking concepts. Aspirants should have some hands-on experience with Windows Server, Windows-based networking, network management tools, DNS, TCP/IP, names resolution process, and network protocols and topologies.
How much Microsoft Networking Fundamentals Exam Cost
The price of the Microsoft 98-366 : Networking Fundamentals is $127 USD, for more information related to exam price please visit to Microsoft Training website as prices of Microsoft exams fees get varied country wise.
How to book the 98-366: Networking Fundamentals Exam
These are following steps for registering the 98-366: Networking Fundamentals exam.
- Step 1: Visit to Microsoft Learning and search for 98-366: Networking Fundamentals
- Step 2: Sign up/Login to Pearson VUE account
- Step 3: Select local centre based on your country, date, time and confirm with a payment method.
What is the duration, language, and format of Microsoft 98-366 : Networking Fundamentals
- Length of Examination: 50 mins
- Number of Questions: 59 to 63 questions(Since Microsoft does not publish this information, the number of exam questions may change without notice.)
- Passing Score: 700 / 1000
- Type of Questions: This test format is multiple choice.
- language: English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Spanish (Latin America)
Microsoft 98-366 : Networking Fundamentals Certified Professional salary
The average salary of a Microsoft 98-366 : Networking Fundamentals Certified Expert in
- United State - 90,000 USD
- India - 12,00,327 INR
- Europe - 72,347 EURO
- England - 68,632 POUND
The benefit of obtaining the Microsoft 98-366 : Networking Fundamentals Certification
- This certification will be judging your skills and knowledge on your understanding windows networking security concepts & Understanding of need to secure a windows networking, what objects can be secured, what objects ought to be secured, user accounts, roles.
- This certification credential will give you edge over other counterparts. Apart from knowledge from 98-366: Networking Fundamentals Exam.
- It help you to make your career into windows networking Administration and windows networking Administrator use to get respectful plus highly paid jobs into Market.
Difficulty in Writing 98-366: Networking Fundamentals Exam
98-366: Networking Fundamentals is a privileged achievement one could be graced with. But adverse to general notion certifying with Microsoft is not that challenging if the candidates have proper preparation material to pass the 98-366: Networking Fundamentals exam with good grades. Questions answers and clarifications which are designed in form of Certification-questions dumps make sure to cover entire course content. Certification-questions have a brilliant 98-366: Networking Fundamentals dumps with most recent and important questions and answers in PDF files. Certification-questions is sure about the exactness and legitimacy of 98-366: Networking Fundamentals dumps and in this manner. Candidates can easily pass the Microsoft 98-366: Networking Fundamentals exam with genuine 98-366: Networking Fundamentals dumps and get MICROSOFT certification. These dumps are viewed as the best source to understand the Microsoft 98-366: Networking Fundamentals well by simply pursuing examples questions and answers. If candidate complete practice the exam with certification Microsoft 98-366: Networking Fundamentals dumps along with self-assessment to get the proper idea on MICROSOFT accreditation and to ace the certification exam.
For more info read reference:
MTA 98-366 - Certiport Solution Design Considerations for Network Topologies Wireless LAN Service Overview Wired and Wireless Networking with 802.1X Authentication Computer Hardware and Windows Server