Reading Time: 8 mins | Publish Date: 3 Apr 2021 | Update Date: 22 Jun 2022
How to Prepare For Microsoft 98-367: Security Fundamentals Exam
Preparation Guide for Microsoft 98-367: Security Fundamentals Exam
Microsoft has created a track for IT professionals to get certified networking on the windows platform. This certification program provides Microsoft Network professionals a way to demonstrate their skills. The assessment is based on a rigorous exam using industry standard methodology to determine whether a candidate meets Microsoft’s proficiency standards.
According to Microsoft, a Microsoft Certified Professional enables organizations to leverage Microsoft windows networking technologies. With a thorough understanding of windows networking including routing,switching, DNS etc. Individual can design, develop, and manage robust, secure, scalable, highly available, and dynamic network solutions to drive business objectives.
Certification is evidence of your skills, expertise in those areas in which you like to work. There are many vendors in the market that are providing these certifications. If candidate wants to work on Microsoft windows networking and prove his knowledge, Certification offered by Microsoft. This Microsoft 98-367: Security Fundamentals Exam Certification helps a candidate to validates his skills in Microsoft windows networking Technology.
In this guide, we will cover the Microsoft 98-367: Security Fundamentals Certification exam, Microsoft 98-367: Security Fundamentals Certified professional salary and all aspects of the Microsoft 98-367: Security Fundamentals Certification
Introduction to Microsoft 98-367: Security Fundamentals Exam
Candidates for Microsoft 98-367: Security Fundamentals Exam are seeking to prove fundamental networking knowledge and skills. Before taking this exam, exam aspirants ought to have a solid fundamental information of the concepts shared in preparation guide.
It is suggested that professionals accustomed to the ideas and also the technologies represented here by taking relevant training courses. Exam aspirants are anticipated to have hands-on experience with Windows based networking, Windows Server, various network management tools, names resolution process, DNS, TCP/IP and network topologies and protocols.
After passing this exam, candidates get a certificate from Microsoft that helps them to demonstrate their proficiency in windows networking Fundamentals to their clients and employers.
Topics of Microsoft 98-367: Security Fundamentals Exam
Candidates must know the exam topics before they start of preparation. because it will really help them in hitting the core. Our Microsoft 98-367: Security Fundamentals Exam dumps will include the following topics:
1. Understand security layers (25–30%)
Understand core security principles
- Confidentiality; integrity; availability; how threat and risk impact principles; principle of least privilege; social engineering; attack surface analysis; threat modelling
Understand physical security
- Site security; computer security; removable devices and drives; access control; mobile device security; keyloggers
Understand Internet security
- Browser security settings; secure websites
Understand wireless security
- Advantages and disadvantages of specific security types; keys; service set identifiers (SSIDs); MAC filters
2. Understand operating system security (35-40%)
Understand user authentication
- Multifactor authentication; physical and virtual smart cards; Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS); biometrics; use Run As to perform administrative tasks
- File system permissions; share permissions; registry; Active Directory; enable or disable inheritance; behavior when moving or copying files within the same disk or on another disk; multiple groups with different permissions; basic permissions and advanced permissions; take ownership; delegation; inheritance
Understand password policies
- Password complexity; account lockout; password length; password history; time between password changes; enforce by using Group Policies; common attack methods; password reset procedures; protect domain user account passwords
Understand audit policies
- Types of auditing; what can be audited; enable auditing; what to audit for specific purposes; where to save audit information; how to secure audit information
- Encrypting file system (EFS); how EFS-encrypted folders impact moving/copying files; BitLocker (To Go); TPM; software-based encryption; MAIL encryption and signing and other uses; virtual private network (VPN); public key/private key; encryption algorithms; certificate properties; certificate services; PKI/certificate services infrastructure; token devices; lock down devices to run only trusted applications
- Buffer overflow; viruses, polymorphic viruses; worms; Trojan horses; spyware; ransomware; adware; rootkits; backdoors; zero day attacks
3. Understand network security (20–25%)
Understand dedicated firewalls
- Types of hardware firewalls and their characteristics; when to use a hardware firewall instead of a software firewall; stateful versus stateless firewall inspection; Security Compliance Manager; security baselines
Understand network isolation
- Routing; honeypot; perimeter networks; network address translation (NAT); VPN; IPsec; server and domain isolation
Understand protocol security
- Protocol spoofing; IPsec; tunneling; DNSsec; network sniffing; denial-of-service (DoS) attacks; common attack methods
4. Understand security software (15–20%)
Understand client protection
- Antivirus; protect against unwanted software installations; User Account Control (UAC); keep client operating system and software updated; encrypt offline folders, software restriction policies; principle of least privilege
Understand email protection
- Antispam, antivirus, spoofing, phishing, and pharming; client versus server protection; Sender Policy Framework (SPF) records; PTR records
Understand server protection
- Separation of services; hardening; keep server updated; secure dynamic Domain Name System (DNS) updates; disable unsecure authentication protocols; Read-Only Domain Controllers (RODC)
Who should take the 98-367: Security Fundamentals Exam
The Microsoft 98-367: Security Fundamentals Exam certification is an internationally-recognized certification which help to have validation for those professionals who are keen to make their career in networking domain. For this exam aspirants are familiar with basic, fundamental networking concepts and the technologies. Aspirants should have some working experience with Windows Server, network management tools, DNS, TCP/IP, Windows-based networking, names resolution process, and network protocols and topologies. It is good for these candidates
- Network Administration
- System Administration
How to study the Microsoft 98-367: Security Fundamentals Exam
Preparation of certification exams could be covered with two resource types . The first one are the study guides, reference books and study forums that are elaborated and appropriate for building information from ground up. Apart from them video tutorials and lectures are a good option to ease the pain of through study and are relatively make the study process more interesting nonetheless these demand time and concentration from the learner. Smart candidates who wish to create a solid foundation altogether examination topics and connected technologies typically mix video lectures with study guides to reap the advantages of each but practice exams or practice exam engines is one important study tool which goes typically unnoted by most candidates. Practice exams are designed with our experts to make exam prospects test their knowledge on skills attained in course, as well as prospects become comfortable and familiar with the real exam environment. Statistics have indicated exam anxiety plays much bigger role of students failure in exam than the fear of the unknown. Certification-questions expert team recommends preparing some notes on these topics along with it don’t forget to practice Microsoft 98-367: Security Fundamentals Exam dumps which had been written by our expert team, each of these can assist you loads to clear this exam with excellent marks.
Microsoft 98-367: Security Fundamentals Certification Path
Microsoft 98-367: Security Fundamentals Exam is foundation level Certification. As such There is no prerequisite for this course. Anyone who is having keen and familiar with general networking concepts and technologies.85% of IT support roles requires a good fundamentals of networking concepts. Aspirants should have some hands-on experience with Windows Server, Windows-based networking, network management tools, DNS, TCP/IP, names resolution process, and network protocols and topologies.
How much Microsoft 98-367: Security Fundamentals Exam Cost
The price of the Microsoft 98-367: Security Fundamentals exam is $127 USD, for more information related to exam price please visit to Microsoft Training website as prices of Microsoft exams fees get varied country wise.
How to book the 98-367: Security Fundamentals Exam
These are following steps for registering the 98-367: Security Fundamentals exam.
- Step 1: Visit to Microsoft Learning and search for 98-367: Security Fundamentals
- Step 2: Sign up/Login to Pearson VUE account
- Step 3: Select local centre based on your country, date, time and confirm with a payment method.
What is the duration, language, and format of Microsoft 98-367: Security Fundamentals Exam
- Length of Examination: 50 mins
- Number of Questions: 59 to 63 questions(Since Microsoft does not publish this information, the number of exam questions may change without notice.)
- Passing Score: 700 / 1000
- Type of Questions: This test format is multiple choice.
- language: English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Spanish (Latin America)
Microsoft 98-367: Security Fundamentals Exam Certified Professional salary
The average salary of a Microsoft 98-367: Security Fundamentals Exam Certified Expert in
- United State - 90,000 USD
- India - 12,00,327 INR
- Europe - 72,347 EURO
- England - 68,632 POUND
The benefit of obtaining the Microsoft 98-367: Security Fundamentals Exam Certification
- This certification will be judging your skills and knowledge on your understanding security layers, network security,security software,server protection 2008.
- This certification credential will give you edge over other counterparts. Apart from knowledge from 98-367: Security Fundamentals Exam.
- It help you to make your career into windows security and windows networking Security use to get respectful plus highly paid jobs into Market.
Difficulty in Writing 98-367: Security Fundamentals Exam
98-367: Security Fundamentals Exam is a privileged achievement one could be graced with. But adverse to general notion certifying with Microsoft is not that challenging. If the candidates have proper preparation material to pass the 98-367: Security Fundamentals exam with good grades. Questions answers and clarifications which are designed in form of Certification-questions dumps make sure to cover entire course content. Certification-questions have a brilliant 98-367: Security Fundamentals dumps with most recent and important questions and answers in PDF files. Certification-questions is sure about the exactness and legitimacy of 98-367: Security Fundamentals dumps and in this manner. Candidates can easily pass the Microsoft 98-367: Security Fundamentals exam with genuine 98-367: Security Fundamentals dumps and get MICROSOFT certification. These dumps are viewed as the best source to understand the Microsoft 98-367: Security Fundamentals well by simply pursuing examples questions and answers. If candidate complete practice the exam with certification Microsoft 98-367: Security Fundamentals dumps along with self-assessment to get the proper idea on MICROSOFT accreditation and to ace the certification exam.