Reading Time: 10 mins | Publish Date: 3 Apr 2021 | Update Date: 22 Jun 2022
How to Prepare For AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer Exam
Preparation Guide for AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer Exam
Microsoft has created a track for Azure professionals who are knowledgeable in Azure IoT landscape to get certified this platform. This certification program provides Microsoft Azure IoT developer professionals a way to demonstrate their skills. The assessment is based on a rigorous exam using industry standard methodology to determine whether a candidate meets Microsoft’s proficiency standards.
According to Microsoft, a Microsoft AZ-220 Certified Professional enables organizations to leverage Microsoft Azure IoT developer technologies with a thorough implementation and the coding required to create and maintain the cloud and edge portion of an IoT solution. An IoT Developer is responsible for maintaining the devices throughout the life cycle.
Certification is evidence of your skills, expertise in those areas in which you like to work. There are many vendors in the market that are providing these certifications. If candidate wants to work on Microsoft Azure IoT developer and prove his knowledge, certification offered by Microsoft. This AZ-220 Exam Certification helps a candidate to validates his skills in Microsoft Azure IoT.
In this guide, we will cover the AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer Certification exam, AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer Certified professional salary and all aspects of the AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer Certification.
Introduction to AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer Exam
Candidates for AZ-220 Exam are seeking to prove fundamental knowledge and skills of Microsoft Azure IoT developer domain. Before taking this exam, exam aspirants ought to have a solid fundamental information of the concepts shared in preparation guide as well as designs for IoT solutions implementation knowledge would give an added edge.
It is suggested that professionals accustomed to the ideas and also the technologies represented here by taking relevant training courses. Candidates are expected to have some hands-on experience with key responsibilities such as compute/containers deployment and configures device networking, manage data pipelines, including monitoring. After passing this exam, candidates get a certificate from Microsoft that helps them to demonstrate their proficiency in Azure IoT development to their clients and employers.
Topics of AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer Exam
Candidates should apprehend the examination topics before they begin of preparation. because it’ll extremely facilitate them in touch the core. Our AZ-220 dumps will include the following topics:
1. Implement the IoT solution infrastructure (15-20%)
Create and configure an IoT Hub
- Create an IoT Hub
- Register a device
- Configure a device twin
- Configure IoT Hub tier and scaling
Build device messaging and communication
- Build messaging solutions by using SDKs (device and service)
- Implement device-to-cloud communication
- Implement cloud-to-device communication
- Configure file upload for devices
Configure physical IoT devices
- Recommend an appropriate protocol based on device specifications
- Configure device networking, topology, and connectivity
2. Provision and manage devices (20-25%)
Implement the Device Provisioning Service (DPS)
- Create a Device Provisioning Service
- Create a new enrollment in DPS
- Manage allocation policies by using Azure Functions
- Link an IoT Hub to the DPS
Manage the device lifecycle
- Provision a device by using DPS
- Deprovision an autoenrollment
- Decommission (disenroll) a device
Manage IoT devices by using IoT Hub
- Manage devices list in the IoT Hub device registry
- Modify device twin tags and properties
- Trigger an action on a set of devices by using IoT Hub Jobs and Direct Methods
- Set up Automatic Device Management of IoT devices at scale
Build a solution by using IoT Central
- Define a device type in Azure IoT Central
- Configure rules and actions in Azure IoT Central
- Define the operator view
- Add and manage devices from IoT Central
- Monitor devices
3. Implement Edge (15-20%)
Set up and deploy an IoT Edge device
- Create a device identity in IoT Hub
- Deploy a single IoT device to IoT Edge
- Create a deployment for IoT Edge devices
- Install container runtime on IoT devices
- Define and implement deployment manifest
- Update security daemon and runtime
- Create and configure an Edge module
- Deploy a module to an Edge device
- Publish an IoT Edge module to an Azure Container Registry
Configure an IoT Edge device
- Select and deploy an appropriate gateway pattern
- Implement module-to-module communication
- Implement and configure offline support
4.Process and manage data (15-20%)
Configure routing in Azure IoT Hub
- Implement message enrichment in IoT Hub
- Configure routing of IoT Device messages to endpoints
- Define and test routing queries
- Integrate with Event Grid
Configure stream processing
- Create ASA for data and stream processing of IoT data
- Process and filter IoT data by using Azure Functions
- Configure Stream Analytics outputs
Configure an IoT solution for Time Series Insights (TSI)
- Implement solutions to handle telemetry and time-stamped data
- Create an Azure Time Series Insights (TSI) environment
- Connect the IoT Hub and the Time Series Insights (TSI)
5. Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize IoT solutions (15-20%)
Configure health monitoring
- Configure metrics in IoT Hub
- Set up diagnostics logs for Azure IoT Hub
- Query and visualize tracing by using Azure monitor
Troubleshoot device communication
- Establish maintenance communication
- Verify device telemetry is received by IoT Hub
- Validate device twin properties, tags and direct methods
- Troubleshoot device disconnects and connects
Perform end-to-end solution testing and diagnostics
- Estimate the capacity required for each service in the solution
- Conduct performance and stress testing
- Set up device D2C message tracing by using Azure Distributed Tracing
6. Implement security (15-20%)
Implement device authentication in the IoT Hub
- Choose an appropriate form of authentication
- Manage the X.509 certificates for a device
- Manage the symmetric keys for a device
Implement device security by using DPS
- Configure different attestation mechanisms with DPS
- Generate and manage x.509 certificates for IoT Devices
- Configure enrollment with x.509 certificates
- Generate a TPM endorsements key for a device
- Configure enrollment with symmetric keys
Implement Azure Security Center (ASC) for IoT
- Enable ASC for IoT in Azure IoT Hub
- Create security modules
- Configure custom alerts
Who should take the AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer Exam
The AZ-220 Exam certification is an internationally-recognized certification which help to have validation for those IoT developer who implement designs for solutions to including monitoring and data transformation as it relates to IoT. The IoT Developer collaborate with data engineers and other stakeholders to ensure successful business integration.
Candidates for this exam should be familiar implementation of Azure services that form an IoT solution, , including data storage options, data analysis, data processing, and platform-as-a-service options. Candidates should have extensive experience and knowledge of implementation of Edge , provision and manage data.
- Azure IoT Developer
How to study the AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer Exam
Preparation of certification exams could be covered with two resource types . The first one are the study guides, reference books and study forums that are elaborated and appropriate for building information from ground up. Apart from them video tutorials and lectures are a good option to ease the pain of through study and are relatively make the study process more interesting nonetheless these demand time and concentration from the learner. Smart candidates who wish to create a solid foundation altogether examination topics and connected technologies typically mix video lectures with study guides to reap the advantages of each but practice exams or practice exam engines is one important study tool which goes typically unnoted by most candidates. Practice exams are designed with our experts to make exam prospects test their knowledge on skills attained in course, as well as prospects become comfortable and familiar with the real exam environment. Statistics have indicated exam anxiety plays much bigger role of students failure in exam than the fear of the unknown. Certification-questions expert team recommends preparing some notes on these topics along with it don’t forget to practice AZ-220 dumps which had been written by our expert team, each of these can assist you loads to clear this exam with excellent marks.
AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer Certification Path
AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer Exam is foundation level Certification. It is strongly recommended that aspirants for this exam have good command on at least one Azure-supported language, including C#, Node, C, or Python. Anyone who is having keen interest and familiar with general Microsoft Azure IoT developer concepts and the technologies. More than 85% of IoT development role require a good foundation of Microsoft Azure IoT developer concepts.
How much AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer Exam Cost
The price of the Microsoft Mobility and Devices Fundamentals exam is $165 USD, for more information related to exam price please visit to Microsoft Training website as prices of Microsoft exams fees get varied country wise.
How to book the AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer Exam
These are following steps for registering the AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer exam.
- Step 1: Visit to Microsoft Learning and search for AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer.
- Step 2: Sign up/Login to Pearson VUE account
- Step 3: Select local centre based on your country, date, time and confirm with a payment method.
What is the duration, language, and format of AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer Exam
- Length of Examination: 50 mins
- Number of Questions: 40 to 60 questions(Since Microsoft does not publish this information, the number of exam questions may change without notice.)
- Passing Score: 700 / 1000
- Type of Questions: This test format is multiple choice.
- Language: English
- This is beta exam.
AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer Exam Certified Professional salary
The average salary of a AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer Exam Certified Expert in
- United State - 120,000 USD
- India - 20,00,327 INR
- Europe - 90,547 EURO
- England - 90,532 POUND
The benefit of obtaining the AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer Exam Certification
- This certification will be judging your skills and knowledge on your understanding Microsoft Azure IoT developer concepts & Understanding of how to operate on Microsoft Azure IoT Developer .
- This certification credential will give you edge over other counterparts. Apart from knowledge from AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer Exam.
- AZ-220 Certification is distinguished among competitors. AZ-220 certification can give them an edge at that time easily when candidates appear for employment interview, employers are very fascinated to note one thing that differentiates the individual from all other candidates.
- AZ-220 certification has more useful and relevant networks that help them in setting career goals for themselves. AZ-220 networks provide them with the correct career guidance than non certified generally are unable to get.
- AZ-220 certified candidates will be confident and stand different from others as their skills are more trained than non-certified professionals.
- AZ-220 Exam provide proven knowledge to use the tools to complete the task efficiently and cost effectively than the other non-certified professionals lack in doing so.
- AZ-220 Certification provides practical experience to candidates from all the aspects to be a proficient worker in the organization.
- AZ-220 Certifications provide opportunities to get a job easily in which they are interested in instead of wasting years and ending without getting any experience.
- AZ-220 credential delivers higher earning potential and increased promotion opportunities because it shows a good understanding of Azure IoT .
Difficulty in Writing AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer Exam
AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer is a privileged achievement one could be graced with. But adverse to general notion certifying with Microsoft is not that challenging if the candidates have proper preparation material to pass the AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer exam with good grades. Questions answers and clarifications which are designed in form of Certification-questions dumps make sure to cover entire course content. Certification-questions have a brilliant AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer dumps with most recent and important questions and answers in PDF files. Certification-questions is sure about the exactness and legitimacy of AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer dumps and in this manner. Candidates can easily pass the AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer exam with genuine AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer dumps and get MICROSOFT certification. These dumps are viewed as the best source to understand the AZ-220:Microsoft Azure IoT Developer well by simply pursuing examples questions and answers. If candidate completes practice the exam with certification AZ-220 dumps along with self-assessment to get the proper idea on MICROSOFT accreditation and to ace the certification exam.