Reading Time: 10 mins | Publish Date: 3 Apr 2021 | Update Date: 27 Mar 2023
How to Prepare For AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design Exam
Preparation Guide for AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design Exam
Microsoft has created a track for Azure Solution architects who guide stakeholders and convert business requirements into scalable, secure, and reliable solutions to get certified this platform. Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azures solution architect a way to demonstrate their skills. The assessment is based on a rigorous exam using industry standard methodology to determine whether a candidate meets Microsoft’s proficiency standards.
This certification been actually designed as a role based Certification so the candidates who are suppose to deliver and implement Azure Cloud Solutions only those candidates should appear for this certifications.
For this exam candidate should have proficiency in cost optimization, levels and storage locations for logs, Azure Monitor and Azure Sentine, solution design for SSO , authentication and conditional access.
Certification is evidence of your skills, expertise in those areas in which you like to work. There are many vendors in the market that are providing these certifications. If candidate wants to work as Azure architect and prove his knowledge, certification offered by Microsoft. This AZ-304 Exam Certification helps a candidate to validates his skills in Azure platform.
In this guide, we will cover the AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design Certification exam, AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design Certified professional salary and all aspects of the AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design Certification.
Introduction to AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design Exam
Candidates for AZ-304 Exam are seeking to prove fundamental knowledge and skills in Azure Architect Technologies domain. Before taking this exam, aspirants ought to have a solid fundamental information of the concepts shared in preparation guide as well as basic understanding of Azure administration, Azure development, and DevOpss would give an added edge.
It is suggested that professionals accustomed to the ideas and also the technologies represented here by taking relevant training courses. Candidates are expected to have some hands-on experience on multi factor authentication, hybrid identity including Azure AD Connect and Azure AD connect Health, solution for B2B integration.
After passing this exam, candidates get a certificate from Microsoft that helps them to demonstrate their proficiency to their clients and employers.
This exam is replaced with previous exam named as Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies Exam AZ-301.Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies Exam AZ-301 will be retired from 30.09.2020. To earn the Azure solutions architect expert certifications you can mix the old and new exams.
Az-301 and Az-304 = Azure solutions architect expert
Topics of AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design Exam
Candidates should apprehend the examination topics before they begin of preparation. because it’ll extremely facilitate them in touch the core. Our AZ-304 dumps will include the following topics:
1. Design Monitoring (10-15%)
Design for cost optimization
- Recommend a solution for cost management and cost reporting
- Recommend solutions to minimize costs
Design a solution for logging and monitoring
- Determine levels and storage locations for logs
- Plan for integration with monitoring tools including Azure Monitor and Azure Sentinel
- Recommend appropriate monitoring tool(s) for a solution
- Choose a mechanism for event routing and escalation
- Recommend a logging solution for compliance requirements
2. Design Identity and Security (25-30%)
- Recommend a solution for single-sign on
- Recommend a solution for authentication
- Recommend a solution for Conditional Access, including multi-factor authentication
- Recommend a solution for network access authentication
- Recommend a solution for a hybrid identity including Azure AD Connect and Azure AD
- Recommend a solution for user self-service
- Recommend and implement a solution for B2B integration
- Choose an authorization approach
- Recommend a hierarchical structure that includes management groups, subscriptions and resource groups
- Recommend an access management solution including RBAC policies, access reviews, role assignments, physical access, Privileged Identity Management (PIM), Azure AD Identity Protection, Just In Time (JIT) access
- Recommend a strategy for tagging
- Recommend a solution for using Azure Policy
- Recommend a solution for using Azure Blueprint
Design security for applications
- Recommend a solution that includes KeyVault
- Recommend a solution that includes Azure AD Managed Identities
- Recommend a solution for integrating applications into Azure AD
3. Design Data Storage (15-20%)
Design a solution for databases
- Select an appropriate data platform based on requirements
- Recommend database service tier sizing
- Recommend a solution for database scalability
- Recommend a solution for encrypting data at rest, data in transmission, and data in use
Design data integration
- Recommend a data flow to meet business requirements
- Recommend a solution for data integration, including Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks, Azure Data Lake, Azure Synapse Analytics
Select an appropriate storage account
- Choose between storage tiers
- Recommend a storage access solution
- Recommend storage management tools
4. Design Business Continuity (10-15%)
Design a solution for backup and recovery
- Recommend a recovery solution for Azure hybrid and on-premises workloads that meets recovery objectives (RTO, RLO, RPO)
- Design and Azure Site Recovery solution
- Recommend a solution for recovery in different regions
- Recommend a solution for Azure Backup management
- Design a solution for data archiving and retention
Design for high availability
- Recommend a solution for application and workload redundancy, including compute, database, and storage
- Recommend a solution for autoscaling
- Identify resources that require high availability
- Identify storage types for high availability
- Recommend a solution for geo-redundancy of workloads
5. Design Infrastructure (25-30%)
Design a compute solution
- Recommend a solution for compute provisioning
- Determine appropriate compute technologies, including virtual machines, App Services, Service Fabric, Azure Functions, Windows Virtual Desktop, and containers
- Recommend a solution for containers (AKS versus ACI and the configuration of each one)
- Recommend a solution for automating compute management
Design a network solution
- Recommend a solution for network addressing and name resolution
- Recommend a solution for network provisioning
- Recommend a solution for network security- Private endpoints, firewalls, gateways.
- Recommend a solution for network connectivity to the Internet, on-premises networks, and other Azure virtual networks
- Recommend a solution for automating network management
- Recommend a solution for load balancing and traffic routing
Design an application architecture
- Recommend a microservices architecture including Event Grid, Event Hubs, Service Bus, Storage Queues, Logic Apps, Azure Functions, and webhooks
- Recommend an orchestration solution for deployment of applications including ARM templates, Logic Apps, or Azure Functions
- Recommend a solution for API integration
- Assess and interpret on-premises servers, data, and applications for migration
- Recommend a solution for migrating applications and VMs
- Recommend a solution for migration of databases
Who should take the AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design Exam
The AZ-304 Exam certification is an internationally-recognized certification which help to have validation for Azure Solution Architects who participate in all phases of advising stakeholders and translate business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable solutions. Candidates should be proficient in IT operations, including networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data platform, budgeting, and governance.
How to study the AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design Exam
Preparation of certification exams could be covered with two resource types . The first one are the study guides, reference books and study forums that are elaborated and appropriate for building information from ground up. Apart from them video tutorials and lectures are a good option to ease the pain of through study and are relatively make the study process more interesting nonetheless these demand time and concentration from the learner. Smart candidates who wish to create a solid foundation altogether examination topics and connected technologies typically mix video lectures with study guides to reap the advantages of each but practice exams or practice exam engines is one important study tool which goes typically unnoted by most candidates. Practice exams are designed with our experts to make exam prospects test their knowledge on skills attained in course, as well as prospects become comfortable and familiar with the real exam environment. Statistics have indicated exam anxiety plays much bigger role of students failure in exam than the fear of the unknown. Certification-questions expert team recommends preparing some notes on these topics along with it don’t forget to practice AZ-304 dumps which had been written by our expert team, each of these can assist you loads to clear this exam with excellent marks.
AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design Certification Path
AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design Exam is expert level Certification. Aspirants must have expert-level skills in Azure administration and have experience with Azure development processes and DevOps processes .
How much AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design Exam Cost
The price of the Microsoft Mobility and Devices Fundamentals exam is $99 USD, for more information related to exam price please visit to Microsoft Training website as prices of Microsoft exams fees get varied country wise.
How to book the AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design Exam
These are following steps for registering the AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design exam.
- Step 1: Visit to Microsoft Learning and search for AZ-304: Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure.
- Step 2: Sign up/Login to Pearson VUE account
- Step 3: Select local centre based on your country, date, time and confirm with a payment method.
What is the duration, language, and format of AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design Exam
- Length of Examination: 50 mins
- Number of Questions: 40 to 60 questions(Since Microsoft does not publish this information, the number of exam questions may change without notice.)
- Passing Score: 700 / 1000
- Type of Questions: This test format is multiple choice.
- Language: English
- This is beta exam, would be available on 28 April 2020
AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design Exam Certified Professional salary
The average salary of a AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design Exam Certified Expert in
- United State - 120,000 USD
- India - 20,00,327 INR
- Europe - 90,547 EURO
- England - 90,532 POUND
The benefit of obtaining the AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design Exam Certification
- This certification will be judging your skills and knowledge on your understanding Azure Architect Technologies concepts & Understanding of how to operate on Planning and Administering Azure Architect Technologies .
- This certification credential will give you edge over other counterparts. Apart from knowledge from AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design Exam.
- AZ-304 Certification is distinguished among competitors. AZ-304 certification can give them an edge at that time easily when candidates appear for employment interview, employers are very fascinated to note one thing that differentiates the individual from all other candidates.
- AZ-304 certification has more useful and relevant networks that help them in setting career goals for themselves. AZ-304 networks provide them with the correct career guidance than non certified generally are unable to get.
- AZ-304 certified candidates will be confident and stand different from others as their skills are more trained than non-certified professionals.
- AZ-304 Exam provide proven knowledge to use the tools to complete the task efficiently and cost effectively than the other non-certified professionals lack in doing so.
- AZ-304 Certification provides practical experience to candidates from all the aspects to be a proficient worker in the organization.
- AZ-304 Certifications provide opportunities to get a job easily in which they are interested in instead of wasting years and ending without getting any experience.
- AZ-304 credential delivers higher earning potential and increased promotion opportunities because it shows a good understanding of Azure Architect Technologies
Difficulty in Writing AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design Exam
AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design is a privileged achievement one could be graced with. But adverse to general notion certifying with Microsoft is not that challenging if the candidates have proper preparation material to pass the AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design exam with good grades. Questions answers and clarifications which are designed in form of Certification-questions dumps make sure to cover entire course content. Certification-questions have a brilliant AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design dumps with most recent and important questions and answers in PDF files. Certification-questions is sure about the exactness and legitimacy of AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design dumps and in this manner. Candidates can easily pass the AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design exam with genuine AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design dumps and get MICROSOFT certification. These dumps are viewed as the best source to understand the AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design well by simply pursuing examples questions and answers. If candidate completes practice the exam with certification AZ-304 dumps along with self-assessment to get the proper idea on MICROSOFT accreditation and to ace the certification exam.