Reading Time: 11 mins | Publish Date: 21 Jun 2021 | Update Date: 22 Jun 2022
How to Prepare For MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer Exam
Preparation Guide for MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer Exam
Microsoft has created a track for developers who are knowledgeable in Finance and Operations apps in Microsoft Dynamics 365 landscape to get certified this platform. This certification program provides app developers a way to demonstrate their skills. The assessment is based on a rigorous exam using industry standard methodology to determine whether a candidate meets Microsoft’s proficiency standards.
According to Microsoft, a MB-500 Certified Professional enables organizations to leverage customizing user interfaces, providing endpoints and APIs to support Power Platform apps and external systems, performing testing, monitoring performance, analyzing and manipulating data, creating technical designs and implementation details, and implementing permission policies and security requirements.
Certification is evidence of your skills, expertise in those areas in which you like to work. If candidate wants to work on Microsoft Azure for SAP Workloads and prove his knowledge, certification offered by Microsoft. This MB-500 Exam Certification helps a candidate to validates his skills in Microsoft Azure for SAP Workloads Technology.
In this guide, we will cover the MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer Certification exam, MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer Certified professional salary and all aspects of the MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer Certification.
Introduction to MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer Exam
Candidates for MB-500 Exam are seeking to prove fundamental knowledge and skills of creating and modifying Finance and Operations reports and workspaces, for developing business logic by using X++. Before taking this exam, exam aspirants ought to have a solid fundamental information of the concepts shared in preparation guide as well as should provide fully realized solutions by using standardized application coding patterns, extensible features, and external integrations.
It is suggested that professionals accustomed to the ideas and also the technologies represented here by taking relevant training courses. Candidates are expected to have some hands-on experience with key responsibilities such as participating in the migration of data and objects from legacy and external systems, integration of Finance and Operations apps with other systems, implementation of application lifecycle management process, planning the functional design for solutions, and managing Finance and Operations environments by using Lifecycle Services (LCS).
After passing this exam, candidates get a certificate from Microsoft that helps them to demonstrate their proficiency to their clients and employers.
Topics of MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer Exam
Candidates should apprehend the examination topics before they begin of preparation. because it’ll extremely facilitate them in touch the core. Our MB-500 dumps will include the following topics:
1. Plan Architecture and Solution Design (10-15%)
Identify the major components of Dynamics 365 Finance and Operation
- Select application components and architecture based on business components
- Identify architectural differences between the cloud and on-premises versions of Dynamics FO
- Prepare and deploy the deployment package
- Identify components of the application stack and map them to the standard models
- Differentiate the purpose and interrelationships between packages, projects, models, and elements
Design and implement a user interface
- Describe the Dynamics 365 FO user interface layout and components
- Design the workspace and define navigation
- Select page options
- Identify filtering options
Implement Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
- Create overlayered and extension models
- Configure the DevOps source control process
- Describe the capabilities of the Environment Monitoring Tool within Lifecycle Services (LCS)
- Select the purpose and appropriate uses of LCS tools and components
- Research and resolve issues using Issue Search
- Identify activities that require asset libraries
2. Apply Developer Tools (10-15%)
Customize Dynamics 365 FO by using Visual Studio
- Design and build projects
- Manage metadata using Application Explorer
- Synchronize data dictionary changes with the application database
- Create elements by using the Element Designer
Manage source code and artifacts by using version control
- Create, check out, and check in code and artifacts
- Compare code and resolve version conflicts
Implement D365 FO framework functionality
- Implement the SysOperation framework
- Implement asynchronous framework
- Implement workflow framework
- Implement the unit test framework
- Identify the need for and implement the Sandbox framework
3. Design and Develop AOT Elements (20-25%)
- Add a new form to a project and apply a pattern (template)
- Configure a data source for the form
- Add a grid and grid fields and groups
- Create and populate menu items
- Test form functionality and data connections
- Add a form extension to a project for selected standard forms
Create and extend tables
- Add tables and table fields to a project
- Populate table and field properties
- Add a table extension to a project for a table
- Add fields, field groups, relations, and indices
Create Extended Data Types (EDT) and enumerations
- Add an EDT to a project and populate EDT properties
- Add an enumeration to a project
- Add or update enumeration elements
- Add or update enumeration element properties
- Add an extension of EDT and enumerations
Create classes and extend AOT elements
- Add a new class to a project
- Create a new class extension and add new methods
- Add event handler methods to a class
4.Develop and Test Code (10-15%)
Develop X++ code
- Identify and implement base types and operators
- Implement common structured programming constructs of X++
- Create, read, update, and delete (CRUD) data using embedded SQL code
- Identify and implement global functions in X++
- ensure correct usage of Display Fields
- Implement table and form methods
Develop object-oriented code
- Implement X++ variable scoping
- Implement inheritance and abstraction concept
- Implement query objects and QueryBuilder
- Implement attribute classes
- Implement chain of command
5. Implement Reporting (10-15%)
Describe the capabilities and limitations of reporting tools in Dynamics 365 FO
- Create and modify report data sources and supporting classes
- Implement reporting security requirements
- Describe the report publishing process
Design, create, and revise Dynamics Reports
- Create and modify reports in Dynamics 365 FO that use SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Create and modify reports in Dynamics 365 FO by using Power BI
- Create and modify reports in Dynamics 365 FO by using Microsoft Excel
Design, create, and revise Dynamics workspace
- Design KPIs
- Create drill-through workspace elements
- Implement built-in charts, KPIs, aggregate measurement, aggregate dimension, and other reporting components
6.Integrate and Manage Data Solutions (10-15%)
Identify data integration scenarios
- Select appropriate data integration capabilities
- Identify differences between synchronous vs. asynchronous scenarios
Implement data integration concepts and solutions
- Develop a data entity in Visual Studio
- Develop, import, and export composite data entities
- Identify and manage unmapped fields in data entities
- Consume external web services by using OData and RESTful APIs
- Integrate Dynamics 365 FO with Excel using OData
- Develop and integrate Microsoft Flow and Power Apps
Implement data management
- Import and export data using entities between D365 FO and other systems
- Monitor the status and availability of entities
- enable Entity Change Tracking
- Set up a data project and recurring data job
- Design entity sequencing
- generate field mapping between source and target data structures
- Develop data transformations
7. Implement Security and Optimize Performance (10-15%)
Implement role-based security policies and requirements
- Create or modify duties, privileges, and permissions
- Enforce permissions policy
- Implement record-level security by using Extensible Data Security (XDS)
Apply fundamental performance optimization techniques
- Identify and apply caching mechanisms
- Create or modify temp tables for optimization
- Determine when to use set-based queries and row-based queries
- Modify queries for optimization
- Modify variable scope to optimize performance
- Analyze and optimize concurrency
Optimize user interface performance
- Diagnose and optimize client performance by using browser-based tools
- Diagnose and optimize client performance by using Performance Timer
Who should take the MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer Exam
The MB-500 Exam certification is an internationally-recognized certification which help to have validation for those developers who work with Finance and Operations apps in Microsoft Dynamics 365. Candidates for this exam should be familiar with developing code by using object-oriented programming languages, analyzing and manipulating data by using Transact-SQL code, and creating and running Windows PowerShell commands and scripts.. It is good for these candidates:
How to study the MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer Exam
Preparation of certification exams could be covered with two resource types . The first one are the study guides, reference books and study forums that are elaborated and appropriate for building information from ground up. Apart from them video tutorials and lectures are a good option to ease the pain of through study and are relatively make the study process more interesting nonetheless these demand time and concentration from the learner. Smart candidates who wish to create a solid foundation altogether examination topics and connected technologies typically mix video lectures with study guides to reap the advantages of each but practice exams or practice exam engines is one important study tool which goes typically unnoted by most candidates. Practice exams are designed with our experts to make exam prospects test their knowledge on skills attained in course, as well as prospects become comfortable and familiar with the real exam environment. Statistics have indicated exam anxiety plays much bigger role of students failure in exam than the fear of the unknown. Certification-questions expert team recommends preparing some notes on these topics along with it don’t forget to practice MB-500 dumps which had been written by our expert team, each of these can assist you loads to clear this exam with excellent marks.
MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer Certification Path
MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer Exam is foundation level Certification. It is strongly recommended that aspirants for this exam have an experience in manipulating data by using Transact-SQL code, and creating and running Windows PowerShell commands and scripts.
How much MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer Exam Cost
The price of the Microsoft Mobility and Devices Fundamentals exam is $165 USD, for more information related to exam price please visit to Microsoft Training website as prices of Microsoft exams fees get varied country wise.
How to book the MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer Exam
These are following steps for registering the MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer exam.
- Step 1: Visit to Microsoft Learning and search for MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer.
- Step 2: Sign up/Login to Pearson VUE account
- Step 3: Select local centre based on your country, date, time and confirm with a payment method.
What is the duration, language, and format of MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer Exam
- Length of Examination: 50 mins
- It is Beta exam
- Number of Questions: 40 to 60 questions(Since Microsoft does not publish this information, the number of exam questions may change without notice.)
- Passing Score: 700 / 1000
- Type of Questions: This test format is multiple choice.
- language: English
- This is beta exam
MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer Exam Certified Professional salary
The average salary of a MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer Exam Certified Expert in
- United State - 120,000 USD
- India - 20,00,327 INR
- Europe - 90,547 EURO
- England - 90,532 POUND
The benefit of obtaining the MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer Exam Certification
- This certification will be judging your skills and knowledge on your understanding Microsoft Azure for SAP Workloads concepts & Understanding of how to operate on Planning and Administering Microsoft Azure for SAP Workloads .
- This certification credential will give you edge over other counterparts. Apart from knowledge from MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer Exam.
- MB-500 Certification is distinguished among competitors. MB-500 certification can give them an edge at that time easily when candidates appear for employment interview, employers are very fascinated to note one thing that differentiates the individual from all other candidates.
- MB-500 certification has more useful and relevant networks that help them in setting career goals for themselves. MB-500 networks provide them with the correct career guidance than non certified generally are unable to get.
- MB-500 certified candidates will be confident and stand different from others as their skills are more trained than non-certified professionals.
- MB-500 Exam provide proven knowledge to use the tools to complete the task efficiently and cost effectively than the other non-certified professionals lack in doing so.
- MB-500 Certification provides practical experience to candidates from all the aspects to be a proficient worker in the organization.
- MB-500 Certifications provide opportunities to get a job easily in which they are interested in instead of wasting years and ending without getting any experience.
- MB-500 credential delivers higher earning potential and increased promotion opportunities.
Difficulty in Writing MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer Exam
MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer could be a a privileged achievement one might be graced with however, adverse to general notion certifying with Microsoft is not that difficult if the candidates have correct preparation material to pass the MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer exam with good grades. Questions answers and clarifications which are designed in form of Certification-questions dumps make sure to cover entire course content. Certification-questions have an excellent MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer dumps with most recent and important questions and answers in PDF files. Certification-questions is sure about the exactness and legitimacy of MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer dumps and in this manner. Candidates can easily pass the MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer exam with genuine MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer dumps and get MICROSOFT certification. These dumps are viewed as the best source to understand the MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer well by simply pursuing examples questions and answers. If candidate completes practice the exam with certification MB-500 dumps along with self-assessment to get the idea on MICROSOFT accreditation and to ace the certification exam.