Reading Time: 23 mins | Publish Date: 6 Oct 2021 | Update Date: 19 Nov 2023
How to Start Reviewing the Microsoft MS-500 Exam
Get the exam guide for Microsoft MS-500 Exam
Microsoft MS-500 Exam: Tips to survive if you don’t have time to read all the pages
The MS-500 is a certification exam that tests skills and knowledge of Windows Server 2012 R2. The MS-500 has replaced the Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) as a new certification level in IT focused on IT Pros rather than systems engineers. There is no official date for when this will happen, but the writing’s been on the wall for quite some time. This test engine is officially approved by Microsoft for this certification level. In this article, I will give you an overview of what to expect from the exam, how to prepare for it, and a brief introduction of the exam & its format that can help you build your skills up before taking it. I will also give you the idea of MS-500 Dumps which you can use for the preparation of the exam. Studying from this material is a good way to be more confident before taking the exam.
Introduction of MS-500 Exam
The Microsoft MS-500 exam was designed to test the level of expertise in Windows Server 2012 R2 and its features. It is a more stringent version of the MCSE exam. The concept of this certification will no longer be based on experience with a particular server or operating system, but rather on technical experience and knowledge of the core features of the operating system. Sector and industry experts and technical leaders in the IT industry, however, will still have a path to achieve the MCSE certification.
The exams are no longer based on answering questions about how to configure the network, storage, etc. The questions will be based on features of the operating system and will require a deep understanding of the various components. The exams are not intended to be simple certification tests. In fact, if you pass your first MS-500 exam it is a true indication that you understand the basic concepts as well as advanced concepts.
The Need for Microsoft MS-500 Exam
The current job market for professionals implementing Windows Server has grown considerably because of the various functionalities built into it. However, the number of candidates who are technically experienced with the features is limited. This limitation has led to smaller numbers of candidates eligible for promotion to advanced roles that require advanced technical skills.
With the increased availability of training resources and an improved exam format, candidates will find it easier to learn about the operating system and its various features. Candidates also will find it easier to prepare for these exams since they can use different training resources available on this subject matter. MS-500 Dumps is one of them. Community-based training learning can help candidates easily prepare for the exams. To worry about the exam is simply to start studying for this exam. It helps you to prepare for the exam since you know the exam is coming.
Where can you take the Microsoft MS-500 Exam?
The MS-500 exam is available at Pearson VUE testing centers. These centers are all certified to conduct the Microsoft exams and offer a variety of other certification and training resources. To find the nearest center, search: VUE
Why Take the Microsoft MS-500 Exam?
As new technologies are released, the demand for certified individuals continues to increase. The more experience you have with the features of Windows Server, the stronger your career will be. The MS-500 exam will help you get there. Relevant courses and training materials will help you to prepare for the test and pass it.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the MCSE is being discontinued and Microsoft will be replacing it with new exams focused on Windows Server 2012 R2. This means that the exam will provide valuable experience and knowledge to individuals who take it. As these exams become more widely used over time, the value of certification will only increase.
The Importance of Microsoft MS-500 Certification:
A certification or credential, though it may be reflected in the resume, is only worth the paper it’s printed on. A study of the MCSE program will demonstrate that there are many areas of expertise available to you if you have the required experience. This would be great for an entry-level position where you are looking to move into a technical position within any company. **MS-500 Dumps can help to get this certification to put it in certlibrary of the customer.
The knowledge that Microsoft MS-500 Certification provides will allow information technology professionals with little experience with Windows Server to move into more advanced roles. If your skill level is not up to par for MCSE certification, then MS-500 is the next step in your career progression options. MS-500 Dumps will help to make your career grow on the right path. Associate Level IT Professionals who have a professional development plan will benefit from this new certification. The compliance professionals team can also benefit from this certification.
How to get Certified?
In order to get certified, you have to take the test. This might be a challenge if you have not been in the IT industry long. Most of the time, certification is given for a certain amount of time or a specific number of exams. The disadvantage with this possibility is that if an individual fails to pass the exam, he/she will have wasted money and effort going through it.
Microsoft MS-500 Certification Exam Objectives:
The objectives of the exam are as follows:
- To establish a baseline level of knowledge of Microsoft Server 2012 R2 features. Reduce complexity.
- To demonstrate an understanding of server role functionality that includes administering, configuring, managing, and troubleshooting Windows Server 2012 R2-based applications, services, roles, and group policies.
- To demonstrate an understanding of various methods for implementing security on Windows Server 2012 R2-based computers including isolating network access to specific resources or isolating clients from specific resources on Windows Server 2012 R2-based computers. Details on how to configure and use these tools will be provided in the exam.
- To demonstrate an understanding of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) concepts, terminology, and functionality of Windows Server 2012 R2-based domain controllers, including configuring forest and domain functional levels.
- To demonstrate an understanding of the concepts for installing and configuring Active Directory on Windows Server 2012 R2-based computers. It guides you to successfully install and configure AD DS on a single computer. Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) concepts and functionality are described.
- To be able to install and configure file services on Windows Server 2012 R2-based computers, including configuring File Server Resource Manager, Distributed File System (DFS), access-based enumeration, folder redirections using NTFS security settings, quota management using File Server Resource Manager, Branch Cache for shared folders using Network Filesystem (NFS) storage service.
What topics are covered in the Microsoft MS-500 certification exam?
The Microsoft MS-500 exam will cover all the topics listed below.
Installing and configuring Windows Server roles and features - This objective may include but is not limited to performing an installation of Server Core, evaluating the advantages of Server Core, configuring Server Core, automating the installation using answer files, using PowerShell cmdlets to manage installations, using command-line management tools, installing role services for selected roles, installing supporting roles on servers running specific server roles.
Using Server Manager - This objective may include but is not limited to VPN, Print and Document Services, server roles, and features such as Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS), Print and Document Services.
Installing Microsoft Windows - This objective may include but is not limited to Windows Setup, deploying Windows through Group Policy, or registry scripts. Identity and access rights, security settings, and installation options.
Managing resources - This objective may include but is not limited to managing resources in forests, domains, sites, domains in sites. MS-500 Dumps provides you with all the necessary material to successfully pass it. Protection of the domain, roles in a role service, and a specific object.
Configuring name resolution - This objective may include but is not limited to configuring name resolution, DNS integration with AD DS, contributing to DNS servers, and creating resource records. Governance for names for the forest, domains, sites.
Maintaining servers - This objective may include but is not limited to managing backups and restoring files and folders, managing disk quotas, and file screens. Content filtering, filtering of email attachments.
Configuring disks - This objective may include but is not limited to creating partitions, managing volumes and file systems using Windows Explorer, and using the Disk Management console. Software and hardware storage and file systems, disk types, and features.
Configuring print services - This objective may include but is not limited to core concepts, print server role, print strategies, features of Print Manager, creating printer connections, deploying printer connections.
Configuring resource access - This objective may include but is not limited to configuring network security using Windows Firewall with Advanced Security and implementing authentication using NTLMv2 protocol, configuring network isolation using amazing tools such as Windows Firewall with Advanced Security, and isolation of resources.
Managing Active Directory Domain Services environments - This objective may include but is not limited to forest and domain configuration options such as domains in sites, inheritance between domains and forests, domain upgrades including forest restorations.
The domains that are covered in the Microsoft MS-500 Certification Exam:
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- AD DS administration
- Installing domain controllers
- Upgrading domains and forests
- Implementing DNS
- Managing DNS replication between AD DS zones
- Managing DNS records
- Managing DNS zones
- Maintaining Active Directory
- Installing and configuring Active Directory
- Implementing Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS)
- Implementing Single Sign-On with AD DS and AD FS
- Configuring domain naming
Certification path of Microsoft MS-500 Exam:
The certification path of the Microsoft MS-500 Exam is as follows: The individual must pass the Core exams (Microsoft Core exam or MOS Core exam) and the associated MCITP certification before attempting the Microsoft MS-500 Exam. Passing both Core exams will qualify the individual to take one of the five paths explained: The individual would like to attain only the Security+ and/or Network+ (MCSE, MCSA or MCSD), this path would take about 12 months, depending on their experience in the computer networking/security area. The individual would like to attain only Network+, this path would be about 6 months, depending on their experience in computer networking/security area. The individual would like to attain only the Security+ (MCSE), this path would be about 6 months, depending on their experience in the computer networking/security area. The individual would like to attain both MCSEs, this path would take about 12 months, depending on their experience in the computer networking/security area. The individual would like to attain all three domains, IT Infrastructure Security+, Datacenter Networks, and Network+, this path will take about 36 months, depending on their experience in the computer networking/security area.
How much Microsoft MS-500 Exam Cost?
The cost for the Microsoft MS-500 Certification Exam is “$165”. But there are some factors that decide the cost of the Microsoft MS-500 Exam.
- The country of the exam center
- The place/date you have chosen to give the Microsoft MS-500 Exam
- The academic background of the student
- The company you work for
- The experience in the computer networking and security field
- If an individual would like to take regular or E-Learning Microsoft MS-500 Exam
- Any other factors that could affect the cost of the Microsoft MS-500 Exam.
How to Register the Microsoft MS-500 Certification Exam? There are two ways to register for the Microsoft MS-500 Certification Exam.
- The first way is to pass the core exam(s) and get an authorization number for the Microsoft MS-500 Certification Exam.
- The second way is to go directly to the A+ Certification site and pay for it online and receive a confirmation number for the exam. Paying for the exam online is preferred because if someone cancels taking the exam, they will lose their fee.
You can also call one of the examination centers and ask them to register you on behalf of you, this depends on your location, experience in the computer networking/security area, and so on.
Steps of the registration process for the Microsoft MS-500:
- Go to the Microsoft certification portal at Microsoft.
- Login with your email address and password to the Microsoft Certification portal, or if you have a Microsoft account, log into that account.
- Select Exams from the left navigation bar on the page.
- Select Microsoft A+ Certification Exam from the dropdown menu for exams under “Exam Type”.
- If you have already registered for an exam before, select “Already Registered” from this same dropdown menu and click “Continue”.
- If you are new to the Microsoft Certification portal, click “Register” in the same dropdown menu, and provide the requested information in the subsequent registration form.
- After that moment, click “Next” when the registration is complete.
- On the next screen you will be presented with a list of available exam centers, based on your eligibility for an exam at any given time. Check the center that you want to take the exam at and click “Continue”.
- Click Select to choose your desired location and click Next to continue."
- This will take you for further selection by clicking Select or Add another location depending on your choice to select an exam center
- This page will allow you to choose an exam date and time. Updates to exam dates and times will be displayed to you as they occur. Click “Continue”.
- After the candidate chooses his/her desired exam time, click Next. Video tutorials are available on the site to guide aspiring candidates through the Microsoft MS-500 Certification Exam.
- The next page will ask for your Payment Information, the Exam registration payment must be made online via Credit Card payment at one of the authorized exam registration providers listed on this website at Microsoft.
- Confirmation screen will appear to indicate successful completion of the Microsoft MS-500 Certification Exam registration process.
- The candidate can then access different features on the portal that are available after the successful completion of this process. Enterprise Partners such as Prometric and VUE can be accessed by clicking on “Partner Sites” on the navigation bar.
What are the duration, language, format, passing score, and questions for the Microsoft MS-500 certification exam?
The Microsoft MS-500 exam is a 2 hours long, multiple-choice-based test.
Internationally, the language of the Microsoft MS-500 exam is English, Chinese (Simplified), Korean, French, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Chinese (Traditional), Italian, Arabic (Saudi Arabia), Japanese, German.
The format of the Microsoft MS-500 exam is a computer-based test (CBT). Fundamentals of computer networking and security are provided.
The passing score for passing the Microsoft MS-500 certification exam and getting a Certificate is 700 out of 1000 possible points. Researched questions are provided to students. Securing the Microsoft MS-500 certification exam is not easy, and it usually takes at least six months to achieve this difficult goal.
Microsoft MS-500 Professional Salary:
The average salary of a Professional in the computer networking/security field is $65,000 to $175,000 per annum.
Validity of the MS-500 Exam:
All Microsoft Certifications are valid for three years. Candidates must pass their certification exams prior to this date to maintain their status as certified professionals within their respective domains, or they must retake the exam at a cost. Times are changing, new technologies are being invented, and people are using them in their daily routine work. For more information about Maintenance Program for all three credentials, please visit the following link: Microsoft.
The benefits of Obtaining the Microsoft MS-500 Exam Certification:
- The individual will have proof of their knowledge in the computer networking/security areas, which will give them an advantage in the job market. Useable skills of the individual will be very important. Hundreds of job interviews are usually conducted in the IT industry due to the high number of job openings in this field.
- They will be skilled in most areas of computer networking, which will help them increase their income, and give them more job opportunities. Threats posed by hackers, computer viruses, and phishing scams will be no longer a concern for the individual with the MS-500 certification. Harder to crack systems used in manufacturing, banking industries, and business will be under their control.
- The individual who would like to be certified in most areas of computer networking/security would like to be certified by Microsoft or other similar companies, they can show this certification to many employers around the world that are looking for qualified individuals for this specific area.
- They would like to be certified by Microsoft, would like to get a job with the computer networking/security field. Protecting the computer systems of the individual, their employers, and others in their organizations would be their main priority.
- They would like to get a résumé that has their certification, they will show this certification on their resume, which will make employers see them in a different light and give them an advantage when applying for the job. Future job opportunities will be opened to them.
- They would like to help their family members who are looking to work in this field, they can use this certification as one of their qualifications to apply for the job, which will give them an advantage over other candidates that do not have this specific MS-500 Certification or equivalent experience.
Career opportunities after getting the Microsoft MS-500 Certification exam:
- The individual will be able to apply for a job at entry-level computer networking/security jobs, and move their way up the ladder as their certification progresses and as they gain more experience in the field.
- They will be able to get similar jobs by applying for positions such as:
- Network Administrator
- Security Administrator
- Help Desk Technician - Computer Networking/Security Field
- Computer Network Engineer Computer Networking Field
- Technician Computer Networking/Security Field
- Entry Level Desktop Support Technician Computer Networking/Security Field
- Entry Level Network Technician Computer Networking/Security Field
- Help Desk Support Computer Networking/Security Field
- Computer Operator Computer Networking/Security Field
- Entry Level Systems Administrator/Computer Security System Administration - Computer Networking/Security Field
- Help Desk Technician (Entry Level) - Computer Networking/Security Field
- Desktop Engineer (Entry Level) - Computer Networking/Security Field
- Entry Level Technician /Computer Network Administrator-Computer Networking/Security Field. Digital Media, Disaster Recovery, and Telecommunications
- Training Specialist Computer Engineering-Field Operations
Why Take Microsoft MS-500 Certification?
This certification will give the individual a good start for their career in the field of computer networking/security. Walk-in jobs will be available after gaining this certification. Most companies require this certification to hire individuals who are seeking jobs in this field, so they have to take it. In addition to that, this certification is beneficial to the individual who would like to work in the field. This certification shows that the individual has a lot of experience in this field, which will give them an edge over other candidates that are applying for jobs that they are interested in. Most companies require this certification to hire individuals who are seeking jobs in this field, so they have to take it. Explanations and knowledge that they acquire from this certification will be useful to them during their career. This certification shows that the individual has a lot of experience in this field, which will give them an edge over other candidates that are applying for jobs that they are interested in.
Difficulty in writing the Microsoft MS-500 Exam:
Due to the fact the Microsoft certification exams are computer-based tests, candidates can find it extremely difficult to write, especially those candidates who have been out of the field for a long time or those with little or no knowledge of the subject they are about to be tested on. Outdated content may lead the candidate to take the test more than once. The individual needs to practice writing many sample questions, and they need to know how to answer software development questions that have been previously asked on the MS-500 Exam. Requirements may vary from one exam to another. The multiple-choice format of these exams is not easy for most candidates and can cause them mental stress and difficulty understanding the test objective and answering the question correctly. MS-500 Dumps are commonly used to assist candidates in their preparation for the certification exams. The Microsoft certification exams are not only updated every year, but they also change their format. Any threat to safety can result in a loss of focus and concentration. Many candidates fear that they will forget some questions, so they abridge their answers by omitting irrelevant information, but this will only result in wasting valuable time and money on rescheduling exams that do not allow abridging test questions. Most candidates who fail these exams do not get the opportunity to get their results. Data is updated every five minutes, which will allow the candidate to track their progress. Workers can withdraw from the certification exam when they want.
Best practices achieving MS-500 Certifications:
Candidates should try to learn as much as they can about computer networking/security areas before attempting to take the exam. Implement a variety of techniques to succeed. Rewarding feelings will come when the candidate finally achieves their goals. Candidates should attempt premium quality, accurate, and users friendly practice tests licensed by Microsoft or other companies that offer this exam. You can concern an instructor that has taken this exam previously to give you correct answers to your questions. Try to remember key concepts and terms, including acronyms, so candidates can refer back to them on their exams if they need them for the answers. It helps to write them down on a piece of paper or on the exam questions. If candidates have any notes of what they have learned in their courses or on their books, they should try to read through them again before taking the exam. Read through the exam objectives thoroughly before attempting to take them. It will give them an idea of what areas are covered in the exams and will help them think of possible questions that may be asked in their exams or how to solve them correctly. Candidates should also make sure that they know how to use the computer network properly, especially if they are taking a computer-based exam, so they can answer some questions related to network protocols more easily. Finally, candidates should practice answering the questions without looking at the answers first. This way, they can gain confidence in their answers and not get nervous or rushed when they are taking the challenging exam.
How to study for the MS-500 Certification Exam:
MS-500 Study Group/Classroom instructions are available for most courses that are offered by Microsoft or other companies. Most of these courses are online at the time of this writing, with live classes being offered in many places, including online. Candidates should study all the course material they have learned carefully before attempting to write the MS-500 test, especially if they have taken more than one class or program that is related to their certification exam. Candidates should read carefully through their course books/programs concerning MS-500 Certification Examtopics and then review them again to refresh on some of the terms, including acronyms they may not be familiar with on the certifications exam. The best way for candidates to learn the material is to read through their textbooks carefully and try to understand what they are reading, including graphic illustrations, administrative procedures, and technical terms. Then candidates should try to use the subject matter information they have learned to answer questions similar to those that will be asked in their certification exam. Candidates should be prepared for these exams because it is a requirement from most companies that they will not hire anyone without them acquiring this certification. Preps should be made and conducted to ensure candidates will be able to pass the exam. MS-500 Dumps are available online, but you should ensure you use the best product to prepare for this exam.
If candidates have any notes of what they have learned in their courses or on their books, they should try to read through them again before taking the exam. Office-based software can be used to prepare for exams. Hard copy/traditional note-taking is a good way to study, but candidates should try to use a variety of methods to study. Read through the exam objectives thoroughly before attempting to take them. It will give them an idea of what areas are covered in the exams and will help them think of possible questions that may be asked in their exams or how to solve them correctly. Candidates should also make sure that they know how to use the computer network properly, especially if they are taking a computer-based exam, so they can answer some of the questions related to network protocols more easily. Finally, candidates should practice answering the questions without looking at the answers first. This way, they can gain confidence in their answers and not get nervous or rushed when they are taking the exam. If candidates are unsure about their answers, they should skip the question and return to it later if they have time. Even if they do not have enough time to view all of the correct answers, at least they will get the ones that are correct for their question.
Get Prepared by Microsoft *MS-500 Dumps:
Candidates can get prepared for their Microsoft exams by taking several practice tests online before attempting the real thing. Most of these practice tests are available online at the time of this writing, with live classes being offered in many places, including online. If candidates have any notes of what they have learned in their courses or on their books, they should try to read through them again before taking the exam. Read through the exam objectives thoroughly before attempting to take them. It will give them an idea of what areas are covered in the exams and will help them think of possible questions that may be asked in their exams or how to solve them correctly.
If you are stuck on a specific part of the journey of certification exam questions, you can go back to some of the sample questions on the website of your exam provider and have a better idea of how to answer them. MS-500 Dumps are available online, but you should ensure you use the best product to prepare for this exam. Smarter candidates can find valid and reliable online training for free. Hybrid and virtual learning types are also available. Meaning some online training is free while some cost some money.
MS-500 Dumps of Certification-Questions is the recognized source that has tons of knowledge about the Microsoft MS-500 Exam. It offers a trial practice test, which gives the actual idea of the real exam. You can download PDF files of these simulators, mock and practice tests online from the website as well as offline from the mobile app. Performance is also maintained, and you can retake the exam on the same day by using these materials. Uncertified products are not allowed to provide this type of service.
Advantages of taking dumps of Certification Questions
- Avoid unnecessary stress and get a good score without any distractions.
- Save time and achieve maximum results in a lesser amount of time. This detailed and verified solution will help you to increase the ability of the candidate and be an expert in few days. Tasks and details that should be mastered are provided.
- Study more effectively by focusing on a few questions at a time with an effective study plan.
- Get a better idea of how the exam will be designed, allowing you to prep more effectively for the exam taking itself. Created by our Certified Professionals. Guarantee for existent and valid. Formats are totally the same as the actual exam. Completing the questions and answers assures you acquire the course understanding and details you want.
- Get more confidence from being able to take exams from top-rated organizations using certified paid dumps, allowing the candidate to get the most out of their study plan. Implementation of this product will give you peace of mind by allowing you to enjoy a more pleasurable study process. You will love the experience when you will evaluate the incredible solutions of practice tests of this MS-500 Dumps in an efficient way.
- Get the maximum amount of questions answered correctly in the shortest period of time, giving you more time to focus on other aspects of certification.