Q1.An end user needs to completely re-install Windows 7 on a home computer but it did not come with any OS
discs. How would a technician accomplish this?
- A: Recovery partition
- B: Primary partition
- C: System restore
- D: System refresh
Q2.A technician needs to perform a backup while a system is running. Which of the following services allows this
task to be accomplished?
- A: Robocopy
- B: Shadow copy
- C: Xcopy
- D: System restore
Q3.A technician has been tasked with loading the operating system on every PC with a blank hard drive on a
network. The technician wishes to install the operating system with minimal physical interaction with the PCs.
Which of the following is the BEST way to accomplish this?
- A: Clone the operating system from an image onto optical media.
- B: Use the original software media to load the operation system on every PC.
- C: Set up a central image that the PCs can load from a PXE boot.
- D: Create an image and copy it from a USB drive using an unattended answer file.
Q4.A network administrator needs to connect to resources from an offsite location while ensuring the traffic is
protected. Which of the following should the administrator use to gain access to the secure network?
- A: SSH
- B: VPN
- C: SFTP
- D: RDP
Q5.A user states that when typing in directions on a navigation website, the map is not viewable in a newer web
browser. The technician runs updates to Java, but is still unable to view the map. The technician should
change which of the following Internet Options?
- A: Compatibility view
- B: Manage add-ons
- C: Clear browser cache
- D: Pop-up blocker
Q6.A technician has successfully completed a gpupdate from a CMD box of a user's PC and is ready to move to
the next user. Which of the following is the appropriate NEXT step? (Select TWO).
- A: View the CMD process in Task Manager
- B: Type EXIT at the command prompt and press Enter
- C: Minimize the CMD box to the taskbar
- D: Click the "x"? in the top right of the CMD window
- E: Select Switch User on the PC
solution: B, D
Q7.An administrator is in a Remote Assistance session, sharing a user's desktop. While trying to map a shared
network drive for the user, an "access denied"? error is encountered while using the user's credentials. Which of
the following should be the administrator's NEXT step?
- A: Ensure the user's account is not locked out
- B: Use the fully qualified domain name of the share
- C: Open the location with administrator privileges
- D: Try mapping with a different drive letter
Q8.Which of the following tools is used to type or paste recovery commands directly into a Linux box?
- A: Shell/terminal
- B: Backup/time machine
- C: Command/cmd
- D: Restore/snapshot
Q9.A technician is installing Bluetooth speakers in a conference room. Which of the following will be the average
operating range of the speakers?
- A: 10 feet (3 meters)
- B: 15 feet (5 meters)
- C: 30 feet (9 meters)
- D: 45 feet (14 meters)
Q10.A user has a Windows 8.1 RT operating system and wants to add additional programs to the computer. Which
of the following is available for installing more applications?
- A: Microsoft Store
- B: DVD
- C: Google Play
- D: iTunes