Q1.An administrator needs to exclude users from rendering reports as PDF output.
How can this be enabled?
- A: Modify the permissions for the generate PDF Output capability.
- B: Use Theme Manager to remove the generate PDF Output option.
- C: Create a role name "PDF output"?, add the built-in entry group name "Everyone"? and set the permission to
- D: Modify the file located in \templates\ps\system.xml, locate the line Authentication
category. After the provider namespace is added there, and the IBM Cognos service is restarted, the
namespace name is displayed in Manage > Accounts, and users can log on to Cognos Analytics using that
Q8.Which component stores and retrieves application data, including report specifications, report output, security,
and configuration data?
- A: Gateway
- B: Dispatcher
- C: Content Manager
- D: Presentation service
The Content Manager service:
Performs object manipulation functions in the content store, such as add, query, update, delete, move, and
Performs content store management functions, such as import and export
To make printers available to users when they distribute reports, you can create entries for printers and save
them in the IBM Cognos content store.
B: The dispatcher is the entry point for IBM Cognos service requests sent by a Web server gateway or other
software. The dispatcher handles the routing requests and balances the load of user requests to the various
IBM Cognos services.
D: The Presentation service:
Transforms generic XML responses from another service into output format, such as HTML or PDF
Provides display, navigation, and administration capabilities in IBM Cognos Connection
References: IBM Cognos Administration Version 10.1.0, Administration and Security Guide, page 139
Q9.A CQM report successfully runs in another environment but fails in IBM Cognos Analytics. Environments are
identical except for the versions.
How could the issue be identified?
- A: Perform a UDA trace.
- B: Modify the ipfserverconfig.xml.
- C: Increase the logging level of the Query service.
- D: Restart the IBM Cognos Analytics service to eliminate all remaining BIBus processes.
The method for performing a UDA trace is different in Cognos 10 to previous versions due to the removal of the
Cognos Logging Console Program. This is specific to CQM datasources.
Please follow these steps:
1. Navigate to /configuration
2. Rename ipfUDAclientconfig.xml.sample it to ipfclientconfig.xml
3. Wait 30 seconds
4. Now run any reports that you wish to use the trace on.
5. After running the reports the trace will generate a file named "UDA_Trace.log" within /
logs. The log name and location can be changed by the user by editing the ipfclientconfig.xml file.
6. Rename ipfclientconfig.xml to ipfUDAclientconfig.xml.sample to turn off the tracing.
This trace records all database activity so should be turned off as soon as the possible.
Q10.An administrator is configuring settings for the Cognos Analytics Mobile app.
Which settings can be managed?
- A: To store the user credentials in the IBM Cognos Mobile app.
- B: The maximum number of minutes to store cached credentials.
- C: Allow the user to create an image (screenshot) of the Active Report.
- D: The maximum number of Active Reports to store locally on the mobile device.
These settings define how to deliver Cognos Analytics content to mobile applications.
Maximum number of hours to store cached credentials
If you do not want to store credentials on a device, type 0. To store credentials on a device, type any value
that is greater than the current timeout setting for IBM Cognos Analytics. As long as users are logged on,
they will have access to their cached credentials.
Value: 0 to 8760
Maximum number of pages to store for each report
Maximum number of days to store a report
Maximum number of hours between runs of the source and target reports
Permission to share report screen captures