Q1.A report author wants to conditionally format data depending on a parameter value a user specifies at run time.
How can this be done?
- A: By applying parameters directly in a variable.
- B: By using an HTML item to implement the parameter.
- C: By referencing a query item that uses the parameter.
- D: By applying the parameter in the color and background section of the properties.
Q2.A report author has created this join relationship:
The Order number by product query includes only orders that contain a specific product selected at run time.
What must the report author do to ensure that the joined query will only contain Order numbers that appear in
both of the queries?
- A: Select "+"? from the Operator drop down list.
- B: Select "="? from the Operator drop down list.
- C: Select "in"? from the Operator drop down list.
- D: Select ">="? from the Operator drop down list.
Q3.The sales department has requested the report author to build a report which combines a list with a chart. The
list must contain product lines and the chart should show details for each product line. The report author
decided to use a Master detail relationship to build this report.
Which statement about Master detail relationships is true?
- A: Calculations across Master detail queries can be performed.
- B: Parent data in the child frame or child data in the parent frame can be displayed.
- C: Master detail relationships must appear in nested frames to produce the correct results.
- D: When working with an SAP BW Data source, a data item from the master query that contains non-ASCII
values can be used.
Q4.What should a report author do to use data from two tabs of an Excel file (.xlsx) together in a single object in a
- A: Upload each tab as one upload file and merge together within a data module.
- B: Upload each tab as separate upload files and merge together within a data module.
- C: Create separate Excel files for each tab, upload the files as one upload file and merge together within a data
- D: Create separate Excel files for each tab, upload the files as separate upload files and merge together within
a data module.
Q5.Which statement is true when a report author wants to optimize reports for mobile users?
- A: Set objects to a fixed size.
- B: Use margins between report objects.
- C: Size objects as a percentage of the available space.
- D: Use percentage sizes greater than one hundred percent (100%).
Q6.An author wants to include a corporate graphic in the Dashboard.
Which image format is supported?
- A: SVG
- B: BMP
- C: TIFF
- D: JPEG
IBM_Cognos_Workspace_Advanced_User_Guide.pdf (page 155)
Q7.A company's marketing report tracks performance of various advertising campaigns. All of the advertising
media files are stored on an internal file server and can be accessed directly in the URI form file://adserver/
adnnnnnn.mov (where nnnnnn is the same advertisement ID that's used in the marketing performance report).
How can the report author provide users with a clickable download link for the media file in the report
- A: Add a Layout Calculation to the list as a new column with expression definition 'file://adserver/ad' +
[PerformanceQuery].[AdID] + '.mov'.
- B: Add a pair of HTML Items to the Ad Name list cell, using a Report Expression that includes "file://adserver/
ad' + [PerformanceQuery].[AdID] + '.mov'.
- C: Add a Drill-through definition to the Ad Name list cell, using a Bookmark target with Report Expression of:
'file://adserver/ad' + [PerformanceQuery].[AdID] + '.mov'.
- D: Insert an Image object into the Ad Name list cell, with URL Source Type set to Report Expression and using
expression: 'file://adserver/ad' + [PerformanceQuery].[AdID] + '.mov'.
Q8.A report author wants to display the report name on the report page.
Which type of calculation should be used?
- A: Field set
- B: Singleton
- C: Query calculation
- D: Layout calculation
Q9.A company distributes a monthly email to the sales managers at the beginning of each month that shows how
well they are doing using a tabular formatted report. The report is delivered in Excel format and the sales
managers would like the report to be in a Crosstab format.
How should the report be changed?
- A: Use the convert list to Crosstab option. Format and sort the Crosstab appropriately. Save the report.
- B: Add a Crosstab data container to the report. Format and sort it appropriately. Delete the list data container
and save the report.
- C: Use the convert list to Crosstab option. Format and sort the Crosstab appropriately. Add a page set that is
grouped on sales manager. Save the report.
- D: Add a repeater to the report. Use the convert list to Crosstab option. Format and sort the Crosstab
appropriately. Place the Crosstab within the repeater. Create a Master detail relationship between the
Crosstab and the repeater on sales manager. Save the report.
Q10.A report author uploads files into Cognos Analytics - Reporting.
Which file formats are supported? (Choose two.)
- A: Microsoft Excel formatted single sheet worksheets.
- B: Any text or Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (xlsx or xls).
- C: Text files with data separated by commas, colons, tabs or semi-colons.
- D: Text files with data separated by commas, tabs, semi-colons or pipes.
- E: Text files must be fixed length without any separator denoting columns.
solution: A, C