Q1.A Solutions Architect needs to build a resilient data warehouse using Amazon Redshift. The Architect needs to
rebuild the Redshift cluster in another region.
Which approach can the Architect take to address this requirement?
- A: Modify the Redshift cluster and configure cross-region snapshots to the other region.
- B: Modify the Redshift cluster to take snapshots of the Amazon EBS volumes each day, sharing those
snapshots with the other region.
- C: Modify the Redshift cluster and configure the backup and specify the Amazon S3 bucket in the other region.
- D: Modify the Redshift cluster to use AWS Snowball in export mode with data delivered to the other region.
Q2.A Solutions Architect is designing the architecture for a new three-tier web-based e-commerce site that must
be available 24/7. Requests are expected to range from 100 to 10,000 each minute. Usage can vary depending
on time of day, holidays, and promotions. The design should be able to handle these volumes, with the ability
to handle higher volumes if necessary.
How should the Architect design the architecture to ensure the web tier is cost-optimized and can handle the
expected traffic? (Select two.)
- A: Launch Amazon EC2 instances in an Auto Scaling group behind an ELB.
- B: Store all static files in a multi-AZ Amazon Aurora database.
- C: Create an CloudFront distribution pointing to static content in Amazon S3.
- D: Use Amazon Route 53 to route traffic to the correct region.
- E: Use Amazon S3 multi-part uploads to improve upload times.
solution: A, C
Q3.A Solution Architect is designing a three-tier web application. The Architect wants to restrict access to the
database tier to accept traffic from the application servers only. However, these application servers are in an
Auto Scaling group and may vary in quantity.
How should the Architect configure the database servers to meet the requirements?
- A: Configure the database security group to allow database traffic from the application server IP addresses.
- B: Configure the database security group to allow database traffic from the application server security group.
- C: Configure the database subnet network ACL to deny all inbound non-database traffic from the application-
- D: Configure the database subnet network ACL to allow inbound database traffic from the application-tier
Q4.A call center application consists of a three-tier application using Auto Scaling groups to automatically scale
resources as needed. Users report that every morning at 9:00 AM the system becomes very slow for about 15
minutes. A Solution Architect determines that a large percentage of the call center staff starts work at 9:00 AM,
so Auto Scaling does not have enough time to scale out to meet demand.
How can the Architect fix the problem?
- A: Change the Auto Scaling group's scale out event to scale based on network utilization.
- B: Create an Auto Scaling scheduled action to scale out the necessary resources at 8:30 AM every morning.
- C: Use Reserved Instances to ensure the system has reserved the right amount of capacity for the scale-up
- D: Permanently keep a steady state of instances that is needed at 9:00 AM to guarantee available resources,
but leverage Spot Instances.
Q5.An e-commerce application is hosted in AWS. The last time a new product was launched, the application
experienced a performance issue due to an enormous spike in traffic. Management decided that capacity must
be doubled the week after the product is launched.
Which is the MOST efficient way for management to ensure that capacity requirements are met?
- A: Add a Step Scaling policy.
- B: Add a Dynamic Scaling policy.
- C: Add a Scheduled Scaling action.
- D: Add Amazon EC2 Spot Instances.
Q6.A customer owns a simple API for their website that receives about 1,000 requests each day and has an
average response time of 50 ms. It is currently hosted on one c4.large instance.
Which changes to the architecture will provide high availability at the LOWEST cost?
- A: Create an Auto Scaling group with a minimum of one instance and a maximum of two instances, then use
an Application Load Balancer to balance the traffic.
- B: Recreate the API using Amazon API Gateway and use AWS Lambda as the service backend.
- C: Create an Auto Scaling group with a maximum of two instances, then use an Application Load Balancer to
balance the traffic.
- D: Recreate the API using Amazon API Gateway and integrate the new API with the existing backend service.
Q7.A company is using an Amazon S3 bucket located in us-west-2 to serve videos to their customers. Their
customers are located all around the world and the videos are requested a lot during peak hours. Customers in
Europe complain about experiencing slow downloaded speeds, and during peak hours, customers in all
locations report experiencing HTTP 500 errors.
What can a Solutions Architect do to address these issues?
- A: Place an elastic load balancer in front of the Amazon S3 bucket to distribute the load during peak hours.
- B: Cache the web content with Amazon CloudFront and use all Edge locations for content delivery.
- C: Replicate the bucket in eu-west-1 and use an Amazon Route 53 failover routing policy to determine which
bucket it should serve the request to.
- D: Use an Amazon Route 53 weighted routing policy for the CloudFront domain name to distribute the GET
request between CloudFront and the Amazon S3 bucket directly.
Q8.A Solutions Architect is designing a solution that includes a managed VPN connection.
To monitor whether the VPN connection is up or down, the Architect should use:
- A: an external service to ping the VPN endpoint from outside the VPC.
- B: AWS CloudTrail to monitor the endpoint.
- C: the CloudWatch TunnelState Metric.
- D: an AWS Lambda function that parses the VPN connection logs.
Q9.A social networking portal experiences latency and throughput issues due to an increased number of users.
Application servers use very large datasets from an Amazon RDS database, which creates a performance
bottleneck on the database.
Which AWS service should be used to improve performance?
- A: Auto Scaling
- B: Amazon SQS
- C: Amazon ElastiCache
- D: ELB Application Load Balancer
Q10.A Solutions Architect is designing network architecture for an application that has compliance requirements.
The application will be hosted on Amazon EC2 instances in a private subnet and will be using Amazon S3 for
storing data. The compliance requirements mandate that the data cannot traverse the public Internet.
What is the MOST secure way to satisfy this requirement?
- A: Use a NAT Instance.
- B: Use a NAT Gateway.
- C: Use a VPC endpoint.
- D: Use a Virtual Private Gateway.