Q1.A security analyst has created an image of a drive from an incident. Which of the following describes what the
analyst should do NEXT?
- A: The analyst should create a backup of the drive and then hash the drive.
- B: The analyst should begin analyzing the image and begin to report findings.
- C: The analyst should create a hash of the image and compare it to the original drive's hash.
- D: The analyst should create a chain of custody document and notify stakeholders.
Q2.External users are reporting that a web application is slow and frequently times out when attempting to submit
information. Which of the following software development best practices would have helped prevent this issue?
- A: Stress testing
- B: Regression testing
- C: Input validation
- D: Fuzzing
Q3.A vulnerability scan has returned the following information:
Which of the following describes the meaning of these results?
- A: There is an unknown bug in a Lotus server with no Bugtraq ID.
- B: Connecting to the host using a null session allows enumeration of share names.
- C: Trend Micro has a known exploit that must be resolved or patched.
- D: No CVE is present, so it is a false positive caused by Lotus running on a Windows server.
Q4.A cybersecurity analyst is conducting a security test to ensure that information regarding the web server is
protected from disclosure. The cybersecurity analyst requested an HTML file from the web server, and the
response came back as follows:
Which of the following actions should be taken to remediate this security issue?
- A: Set "Allowlatescanning"? to 1 in the URLScan.ini configuration file.
- B: Set "Removeserverheader"? to 1 in the URLScan.ini configuration file.
- C: Set "Enablelogging"? to 0 in the URLScan.ini configuration file.
- D: Set "Perprocesslogging"? to 1 in the URLScan.ini configuration file.
Q5.An analyst has initiated an assessment of an organization's security posture. As a part of this review, the
analyst would like to determine how much information about the organization is exposed externally. Which of
the following techniques would BEST help the analyst accomplish this goal? (Select two.)
- A: Fingerprinting
- B: DNS query log reviews
- C: Banner grabbing
- D: Internet searches
- E: Intranet portal reviews
- F: Sourcing social network sites
- G: Technical control audits
solution: A, F
Q6.An organization is requesting the development of a disaster recovery plan. The organization has grown and so
has its infrastructure. Documentation, policies, and procedures do not exist. Which of the following steps should
be taken to assist in the development of the disaster recovery plan?
- A: Conduct a risk assessment.
- B: Develop a data retention policy.
- C: Execute vulnerability scanning.
- D: Identify assets.
Q7.A company wants to update its acceptable use policy (AUP) to ensure it relates to the newly implemented
password standard, which requires sponsored authentication of guest wireless devices. Which of the following
is MOST likely to be incorporated in the AUP?
- A: Sponsored guest passwords must be at least ten characters in length and contain a symbol.
- B: The corporate network should have a wireless infrastructure that uses open authentication standards.
- C: Guests using the wireless network should provide valid identification when registering their wireless devices.
- D: The network should authenticate all guest users using 802.1x backed by a RADIUS or LDAP server.
Q8.An analyst was tasked with providing recommendations of technologies that are PKI X.509 compliant for a
variety of secure functions. Which of the following technologies meet the compatibility requirement? (Select
- A: 3DES
- B: AES
- C: IDEA
- D: PKCS
- E: PGP
- F: SSL/TLS
- G: TEMPEST
solution: B, D, F
Q9.After completing a vulnerability scan, the following output was noted:
Which of the following vulnerabilities has been identified?
- A: PKI transfer vulnerability.
- B: Active Directory encryption vulnerability.
- C: Web application cryptography vulnerability.
- D: VPN tunnel vulnerability.
Q10.A security analyst is adding input to the incident response communication plan. A company officer has
suggested that if a data breach occurs, only affected parties should be notified to keep an incident from
becoming a media headline. Which of the following should the analyst recommend to the company officer?
- A: The first responder should contact law enforcement upon confirmation of a security incident in order for a
forensics team to preserve chain of custody.
- B: Guidance from laws and regulations should be considered when deciding who must be notified in order to
avoid fines and judgements from non-compliance.
- C: An externally hosted website should be prepared in advance to ensure that when an incident occurs victims
have timely access to notifications from a non-compromised recourse.
- D: The HR department should have information security personnel who are involved in the investigation of the
incident sign non-disclosure agreements so the company cannot be held liable for customer data that might
be viewed during an investigation.