Q1.In a data-sharing environment, what is the first step to prepare for a DB2 RESTORE SYSTEM to a point in
- A: Stop all DB2 members.
- B: Stop one DB2 member.
- C: Do not stop any DB2 members.
- D: Stop only the member where RESTORE SYSTEM will run.
Q2.Which subsystem parameter is used to enable the RECOVER utility to use system-level backups as a recovery
- A: RESTORE_TAPEUNITS
- B: SYSTEM_LEVEL_BACKUPS
- C: UTILS_DUMP_CLASS_NAME
- D: RESTORE _ RECOVER_ FROMDUMP
Q3.You wish to enable automatic clean-up of committed pseudo-deleted index entries for all indexes in the DB2
subsystem. You have verified that system table SYSIBM.SYSINDEXCLEANUP has no rows.
Without taking any other action, which action will accomplish this?
- A: Set subsystem parameter INDEX_CLEANUP_THREADS to 10.
- B: Set subsystem parameter INDEX_CLEANUP_THREADS to YES.
- C: Issue an ALTER INDEX statement against all indexes with ERASE YES.
- D: Issue an ALTER INDEX statement against all indexes with FREEPAGE 0.
20endhancements.pdf (slide 20)
Q4.Which statement regarding DSN1LOGP is FALSE?
- A: DSN1 LOGP does not require DB2 privileges.
- B: DSN1 LOGP runs on archive data sets when DB2 is running.
- C: DSN1 LOGP can read logs that have been compressed by DFSMS.
- D: DSN1 LOGP can print the log records for both base and clone table objects.
tpc/db2z_utl_dsn1logp.dita (search for read logs)
Q5.You received the following error message:
DSNI012I -DB2A PAGE LOGICALLY BROKEN TYPE 00000302
NAME DBXX.TSYYY.X'00045065' DBID01B5 OBID0020
PAGE RBA OR LRSN CCA7C9FF11C4 LOG RECORD RBA OR LRSN CCA7C9FF1B78 MODNAME
DSNIOLIN ERQUAL 0000
Which utility be used to obtain more information about what may be triggering this message?
- A: DSN1CHKR
- B: CHECK DATA
- C: DSN1COPY, PARM='CHECK'
- D: DIAGNOSE DISPLAY ODB DBXXTSYYY ALL
Q6.Which utility can be used to reset the copy-pending status?
- A: REPAIR
- B: DSNJU003
- C: DSN1COPY
- D: COPYTOCOPY
Q7.What will occur if the parameter PAGE PROTECT is set to YES?
- A: MSTR log buffers (OUTBUFF) will be placed in page-protected storage.
- B: IRLM is to load its common storage modules into page-protected storage.
- C: DIST buffers related to TCPIP connectivity are loaded into page-protected storage.
- D: DBM1 pages belonging to a buffer pool defined with PGFIX(YES) will be placed in page-protected
Q8.The ALTER BUFFERPOOL command specifying the AUTOSIZE(YES) option enables DB2 to use WLM
services to fine tune the buffer pools.
What is the result of issuing this ALTER?
- A: The immediate write threshold can be increased by 25%.
- B: A pool size can be increased by up to 25% over original pool size.
- C: The pool size can be increased in 25% increments base on sequential read hit ratio.
- D: Depending on the type of I/O performed, pool size can be increased or decreased.
Q9.Which method can be used to set the DB2 client information (workstation name, application name..) from a
JDBC application using a type 4 connection?
- A: Using the java.sql.Connection.setClientlnfo method
- B: Using the SET_CLIENT_ID option during RRS SIGNON
- C: Using the SQL SET statement (eg. SET CURRENT CLIENT J/VRKSTNNAME = 'MYWS*)
- D: Setting up a profile using the SPECIAL_REGISTER attribute in SYSIBM.DSN PROFILE ATTRIBUTES
Q10.Which statement regarding migration from DB2 10 for z/OS to DB2 11 for z/OS is true?
- A: All packages must be rebound with application compatibility set to V10R1.
- B: The DB2 catalog and directory must be changed to reside on SMS managed DASD.
- C: All packages last bound prior to DB2 9 for z/OS must be rebound in DB2 10 or DB2 11.
- D: The size of the DB2 bootstrap datasets must be increased to accommodate a larger LRSN and RBA